Freesat questions

munster

Actually you inadvertently pointed out something I had failed to ask.

Does the freesat box downstairs have one or two cables going into it and does the second room also need one or two?

If it needs two then yes, you will need the cable you linked to and a quad LNB if it isn't already. If it only needs one then you could still install two, just in case you upgrade later to a dual-tuner box or SkyHD.

The only catch is the initial install will be trickier as making a hole big enough for dual cable is potentially impossible without a professional drill, depending on where/how you are planning to bring the cable in.

I would not advise ripping a dual cable into a single though as you are likely to damage the sheathing and/or the outer shield of the cable which is vitally important to avoid interference and signal loss.

Haha thanks the freesat boxes are single input. I won't be going back to sky so no worries there but thanks for the heads up on the cable. I will get the single stuff :)