Bathroom stolen

They do - you just have to keep them informed.

Yes, and then they charge you for a non-standard house insurance cover.

I would guess that most people refurbishing a house with no contents in it will not be thinking about properly insuring their bathroom fittings.

To the OP, were the tradesmen contacted by a building company? If so have you talked to them to find out if their insurance might cover the theft?

Yes, and then they charge you for a non-standard house insurance cover.
Yes. And?

I would guess that most people refurbishing a house with no contents in it will not be thinking about properly insuring their bathroom fittings.

More fool them, then.

To the OP, were the tradesmen contacted by a building company? If so have you talked to them to find out if their insurance might cover the theft?
Do you mean contracted?

It was in the house we haven't moved into as yet, there's a lot of work still ongoing. The alarm was on, but we presume it was one of the tradesmen as they got in and disabled the alarm. There was no forced entry either. Any insurance company would not count it as a theft as they had the access

It's still theft and you may still be covered. I'm covered on my policy if the cleaner who has keys for example decided to help herself to antything. You need to check with your insurer basically.