South Yorkshire housing association reputably?

I'm thinking of buying a house and it has social housing (South Yorkshire Housing Association) next to it. I'm not sure i'm asking the right questions here but here we go:

1. I'm wanting to know if the people they place in the houses are decent people? e.g. not criminals

2. is having a social housing next to your house going to affect the price on resale?

If you think i need to know anything else i need to know, please feel free to tell me.

Thanks

*Mod hat off*

I'm an SYHA tenant, and I can assure you I'm not a criminal. If you are that worried about having a social landlord tenant next door, I recommend not buying that property.

Yes, I agree - best to avoid it if you are concerned. There are many good tenants, but bad ones too and you have to think of property value if you come to sell later on. Look for an area where the houses are predominantly owner occupied.

Thanks guys. Just to make this clear, I wasn't saying everyone or anyone is a bad person who is in a housing association. I din't know what a housing association was until i started to look into buying a house, someone mentioned that it may bring the price down.

Maybe you could explain the process to get a house in a South Yorkshire Housing Association?

Doubtless the applicant has to put their name down on a list and wait until they get to the top. For various reasons some might get priority and arrive there first.

Are wanting to know if housing association tenants are better in terms of social acceptability than any other sort?

Doubtless the applicant has to put their name down on a list and wait until they get to the top. For various reasons some might get priority and arrive there first.

Are wanting to know if housing association tenants are better in terms of social acceptability than any other sort?

Yeah that's about it?

SYHA houses go through the council's property shop, they don't have their own list. So people looking for a council house can also bid on SYHA houses with the same criteria as getting a council house. I would think that having social housing nearby would affect the value of a house but that should already be factored into the price of the house you are looking to buy, surely.

Where is the house you are considering?

Good luck with the house buying.

You don't need to say....but where is the house your looking to buy, some sites are joint owner and tenant occupied, I have dealt with SYHA and they are a very reputable company