Anyone else want to start an indie-folk band with me?

Hey everyone

Do you like folk music? no

Ok do you like indie music then? no

Hmm how about some form of indie-folk hybrid? Ok i guess it sounds pretty niche but i had to put some kind genre on the post headline to eliminate the surprisingly large group of people on this forum who want to play like blink-182, lost prophets, or some scary metal band i have never heard of.

I'm a student looking to form a band with likeminded musicians. I'd love for a democratic band where everyone is able to bring their own songs or ideas and then we help turn it into a fully formed sound (in theory anyway lol). The more instruments you can play the better and you wouldn't have to be restricted to one instrument and i myself am very adaptable.

Finally here are some bands I like:

The National, Wilco, Sufjan Stevens, Belle and Sebastien, The Low Anthem, Kurt Vile, and Neutral Milk Hotel

Hit me up if u are curious

Yo! I'm folk curious.

Or at least I like the bands you've mentioned. I play rhythm guitar or bass, can do backing vox. I can write songs if asked. I might be a bit old, but I swear there's an indie kid inside me trying to get out. Have you had any other interest?

That sounds fine i'm sure we can help each other write songs. If you're interested then you can send me a private message with your facebook or whatever and i'll get back to you

There's a chance you might enjoy Early Cartographers by the look of the influences you've listed. We have similar taste. :) You can hear our new EP at earlycartographers.bandcamp.com

We're looking for a new drummer/percussionist at the moment as ours is about to move to Bristol. If you know of anyone who might be interested, please do let them know!

Good luck with your project. Sounds like a band I'll be coming to see play. :)