Looking for info on my nans family ben ludlam

charleywoo

A bit of a long shot i know but my nan (87) has decided she wants to find out what happened to her cousin whether she married had children etc. Nan lost contact with her many yrs ago.

The only info i have was her name was Nellie ludlam her fathers name was ben born 1894 in Sheffield.

Ben was the oldest of six kids in 1911 one of the other children being my great granddad (nans dad) harry

any info would be gratefully received and would make an elderly lady very happy.

She is aware that Nellie will probably have passed away by now has she thinks she is 12 yrs older than her. She is just wanting to know if she went on to have kids etc

Thanks in advance

Hi

It looks like we have a family connection

My wife is descended from Emma, (Your Nans Aunt)

I have done quite a bit of work on the family tree I will send you a PM

Ben died on the 1st July 1916 (Battle of the Somme) I have the 1911 details with him aged 17 but was unable to be certain that he had married before the war so I haven't traced his descendants.

Now knowing he did marry, It looks like Nellie was born December Quarter 1914 to Ben and Emily( nee Hudson) Foillowing that forward there are two Sheffield area marriages listed for a Nellie Ludlam one in 1931 to a Harry Armitage and one in 1942 to a John H Blythe

Any one out there connected to these couples ?

Edited by Wisbech

Hi

It looks like we have a family connection

My wife is descended from Emma, (Your Nans Aunt)

I have done quite a bit of work on the family tree I will send you a PM

Ben died on the 1st July 1916 (Battle of the Somme) I have the 1911 details with him aged 17 but was unable to be certain that he had married before the war so I haven't traced his descendants.

Now knowing he did marry, It looks like Nellie was born December Quarter 1914 to Ben and Emily( nee Hudson) Foillowing that forward there are two Sheffield area marriages listed for a Nellie Ludlam one in 1931 to a Harry Armitage and one in 1942 to a John H Blythe

Any one out there connected to these couples ?

Hi

I think i may have Nellie but unfortunatley she passed away in 1977 if it is the right lady which seems to fit Nan stating she thinks she moved to Blackpool I am unsure if she ever had children as i would not know how to find this out. Would be grateful if anyone did know how to find out could help me out.

Hi

I have looked on FreeBMD using the surmames Blythe/Ludlam and there Look to be at least 4 offspring born in Sheffield from that marriage.

There aren't any offspring showing from the Armitage/Ludlam pairing

I don't have a subscription to Find my past or Ancestry to look for the death registrations what surname did you find the possible death registration under ?

Hi

I have looked on FreeBMD using the surmames Blythe/Ludlam and there Look to be at least 4 offspring born in Sheffield from that marriage.

There aren't any offspring showing from the Armitage/Ludlam pairing

I don't have a subscription to Find my past or Ancestry to look for the death registrations what surname did you find the possible death registration under ?

It didnt state a married name it was Nellie Ludlam wasnt 100% certain it was the

same lady just that the yr of birth, Name and the fact she died in Blackpool that fit Has nan thinks she may have moved to blackpool yrs ago but again was not certain.

Im not really much help am i

Hi

It is quite possible that Nellie never married, the death certficate might give more information by way of informant but if it is not a relative the date of birth ( if given accurately) may be the only clue but you would need the birth certificate to confirm that exactly too.

There may be an obituary in local papers or even a will, another lead may come by tracing her mothers history