Sign in to follow this  

Broken bone advice!

I broke my collar bone just over 2 weeks ago and was given a slng to wear. I've been wearing it at all times as advised and im not really in any pain now.

The doctor has advised me to wear it constantly for 3 weeks then begin to remove it for short periods of time for a further 3 weeks when I will then be seen again. However some people have said I should be seen before 6 wks to check it's all healing ok and since I plan on returning to work after 5 wks. I've looked on the net but as always, information is conflicting!

Any advice??

I snapped my collar bone a week before i gave birth to my child, as soon as the pain was not so bad i just used it as normal, that was 16 years ago and have never had any bother with it since :)

ooooh you've given me hope!! I'm sure people expect me to be in more pain! Will just be sensible with what I try doing after I've given it another wk :) Thanks

ooooh you've given me hope!! I'm sure people expect me to be in more pain! Will just be sensible with what I try doing after I've given it another wk :) Thanks

You'll be fine, my doctor told me not to move mine out of the sling for 6 weeks but with a toddler and a new born i had no chance of that hahahaha

Within a week or two i was using it as normal and figured if i did something that hurt then to stop doing it, i never got any pain from it after that so carried on using it as normal :)