Ageing metalhead going crazy in his bedroom

Hi. I'm a jack-of-all-trades musician (mainly guitarist, age 43) & writer who's looking for someone to bounce ideas off.

I've been writing stuff for well over 20 years now, latterly in a heavy metal / rock vein (I can send / share a link to some of the stuff I've been writing if you want to listen) and I'd be interested in writing with / for someone because writing on my own is driving me slightly bananas (in a pleasant non-threatening unpsychotic sort of way).

I'm fairly broadminded when it comes to writing and although I'm looking to write heavier stuff (rather than pop/r&b/dance) I don't have any hardline allegiance to a specific rock subgenre (i.e. it doesn't have to be death metal) and really I'm happiest when trying to write in a variety of styles.

Not sure if I'm looking to gig. I'm not ruling it out, but anything worthwhile needs to have time to develop so I'd rather not rush.

Any takers?

Edited by MadSausage

where abouts are you based mate i could be up for a bit of hard rock writing with you...cheers .andy

Alright Andy - I'm in Wincobank. I'd be up for some hard rock. What kind of instrument(s) do you play?

An aging metal head in Wincobank that isnt me.....where are you dude.

Check out my band 8 Deadly Words.

Wow, there are two of us! I'm on Standon. What bout you?

I'm liking the 8 Deadly Words sound. Nice guitars: Sharp & tasty :thumbsup:

Don't have a band site yet. I'm still revisiting last year's writing efforts off the back of a band-that-never-was and it's taking an age - 3 hours of editing drum samples together tonight because the kick & snare I'd recorded from the drum machine didn't cut through the mix properly. Yay! :gag:.

Anyway, the stuff I've been doing's a mixture of all sorts (bit of doom / stoner, bit of post-metal / goth, bit of death(ish)), so I guess it figures I like pretty much anything heavy (Maiden, At The Gates, Isis, AC/DC, Baroness, Kyuss, Entombed, Paradise Lost, ... and so on - went to see Meshuggah @ Manchester the other night - ears have just about recovered now :))

You got any gigs coming up?

\m/

Cheers dude.

I'm on Newman.....we're almost neighbours....ha

You'll have to give me a listen to your recordings dude...sounds interesting.

No gigs coming up, our singer is away for a month......we're writing some new stuff while shes away.

Keep Rockin dude.....\m/.................\m/

Bloody hell! Wincobank must be ageing metalhead central! I'm 45, habitual bassist, on Sandstone, currently working on tracks for my mostly solo goth/punk/metal/lounge covers act Hot Gothic. I'm clucking for the chance to start gigging again.

!

Wincobank: It's like bloody Wacken festival I tell 'ee.

I'm on the verge of finishing a couple of tracks off - I'll sort you a link out when I've finished mucking around with samples.

\m/

Edited by MadSausage

HA...we should throw a couple of covers together and do an open mic somewhere for a laugh.

Any Wincobank drummers???

I'm up for it although I'm bereft of an amp right now - got rid of it a few months ago because I could never turn the thing up past ½ (and I needed the cash for some studio kit). Oh, the irony.

What kind of thing would you fancy doing? Heavy (Benediction), Medium (Fu Manchu) or Light (Soundgarden)?

Not sure that's an entirely helpful classification.

You much of a singer? I can work up an impression of Bon Scott when I've a couple of pints inside me. Well, that's who I try and sound like although to be honest I actually sound more like Brian Johnson with a really bad cold. And a rubbish voice.

Edited by MadSausage

Ha...no, cant sing.

can have a go at anything really, although it would be best to keep it light to medium, after all it's for open mic so more mainstream, something that can be easily put together and rehearsed.....also open mic nights usually have a full backline and vocal pa so you just need to take your guitars.....

OK, cool. Well that makes the gig easier. Not sure what I'd fancy doing for covers: Something by 'DC / QoTSA / G'n'R perhaps. D'you think that would be light enough for an open mic? Got any favourites you fancy trotting out?