For Part (or possible full) Loan

HeatherKay

I have a gorgeous 14hh stocky weight-carrying pony. He loves hacking and is non-spooky. He has a jump in him, but I don't :-) so he hasn't done much lately. A kind horse that cares for his rider, but not a novice ride.

I am offering him on part loan. I have mobility issues, that may or may not lead to me having to give up riding, hence possible full loan. I can only ride for short periods of time so essencially he is available most of the week/weekend. He therefore MUST STAY at his current friendly yard where there is a cross country course, menage, and miles of off road hacking.

still available! This lovely lad is wanting someone ,who'll enjoy hacking around the countryside, without a care in the world. Away from the hustle and bustle of life. He is fed, watered and ready to ride weekdays and only requires a quick brush off before tacking up and hitting the fields. Weekends, He needs bringing in and feeding, grooming but then you've got the whole day to fuss over him. He is so handsome, with a mane and tail that most horses would kill for! Couple looking for a way to enjoy the countryside together will be pleased to know he loves you to walk beside him and can even swap, as he carries up to 14stone. PM for details

• 1 month later...

He's not a 'school horse' if thats what you mean, and he's not really a novice ride. I have put beginners on him, but I've been working him from the ground whilst they 'had a go', this was NOT an alternative to having proper lessons at a riding school though.

Hi HeatherKay. How much will he back ? ... weight wise. I am an experienced rider but at 14hh I'm not sure what you would expect him to back. You say he's weight carrying and stocky but that dossn't mean he wouldn't struggle health wise if too much weight was backing him. I am currently 14st and would be more than happy to have an arrangement with you if you think he would carry 14st on a hack. I also have 2 children (aged 5 & 8) who would help with the yard work etc to be involved in return for a lead walk on him but for the most part it would be me doing the riding. They have a pony at their grandparents (it's not the kids it's the grandparents pony) that they help out with when they go there but they live 50 miles away so this is not a very regular thing for them. They love getting stuck in with the yard work and enjoy it immensley. Our daughter is disabled so getting her involved and enjoying something where she can do 'what she can' is great for her. We have been looking for some time now to find the right horse for us in the right area, where is he stabled ?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This gorgeous gentleman has now found a wonderful share and is now loving his rides out, it looks like he'll be taking part in some endurance rides too. Thank you to all those who showed an interest. THIS THREAD CAN NOW BE CLOSED.