Are you a rugby League/Union player?

Football takes up most of my Saturday afternoon (watching not playing) but enjoy supporting the local side, and a few pints after of course (real ale!), I can always bring my shorts with me, just in case you are a man short (6ft 2, 17 stone plus, fairly fit)

Hi Grappler, you are more than welcome to bring some shorts down, if you like what you see and fancy a run out we will get you some game time. We welcome ALL players old and new, league or union to play.

The game on Saturday is at Wortley RUFC so just to the North of Sheffield. If you need some further details just let me know, I will pencil your name down. :thumbsup:

I would just like to say a big thank you to the several lads from the forum that came down for a game on Saturday, we faced a very strong team and came away with yet another win!

If anyone else is interested please feel free to come down to training on Wednesday at GymPlus in Crookes or PM me I will be happy to give you more information.

Thank you again lads!

Would be very interested in playing, could someone message me the details of training etc.

Hi RJLS,

Thats great news your looking at giving it a go, training is in Crookes at GymPlus, across from The Grindestone, where the grass is to the side next to the astroturf pitches on a Wednesday at 18:00, if you can't get there till later do not worry still come down.

It is open to everyone who would like to try it, even if you don't want to play but would like some fitness training feel free to come down.

EVERYONE WELCOME!

Hi RJLS,

Thats great news your looking at giving it a go, training is in Crookes at GymPlus, across from The Grindestone, where the grass is to the side next to the astroturf pitches on a Wednesday at 18:00, if you can't get there till later do not worry still come down.

It is open to everyone who would like to try it, even if you don't want to play but would like some fitness training feel free to come down.

EVERYONE WELCOME!

No idea where that is, but sure google maps will fill me in. I will see if I can find my gumshield

Hey are you training tonight?

I havent played any rugby for quite a long time but would be willing to get into it and start training.

Hi,

You are more than welcome to come down, we had to call tonight off due to the weather but wil be back on next week! We have several people who have not played for years and a couple who have never played before, its what the club is all about. Follow us on facebook to keep totally up to date.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/345839908789530/

• 3 weeks later...

Well after 3 games we can report 3 wins! We are still looking for players of ALL abilities, over the last four weeks we have been able to give games to two people who have never played before, two who haven’t played in over 10 years and several more who had only ever played Rugby League, if you have ever had the urge to play get in touch your support is more than welcome.

This week’s game take us to Chesterfield where we hope to make it 4 from 4!

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hallamshirerugbyunion/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/345839908789530/

Archived