Livery in Ecclesfield/ Grenoside

exhausted

Hi

Im probably looking for something that doesnt exist but does any one know of a livery yard that does a form of assisted DIY where everyone helps each other. Ive just sold my horse and am looking for another but want a yard nearer to me this time and one that I can afford. I was on one in Doncater where every one shared the jobs and did each others horses on a kind of rota system so you werent tied down to every morning and evening. It worked brilliantly.

Please let me know of anything.

There are some very friendly DIY and mixed yards in the Ecclesfield area. Suggest you actually drop by and chat to them, get a good idea if they will suit you. You have to make your own little network group though, or pay for help. There is a yard behind Grenoside equestrian - not sure of the proper name - where I have some friends, that is DIY and very friendly with off road hacking but no school. Woodland trails at Oughtibridge has school and off road hacking. but I don't know what its like on the yard myself. Oaklodge at High Green is very friendly and supportive, has a school and same local hacking but some road work. Whitley Hall where I keep mine is lovely, two schools and local hacking but no DIY. Also Check out Prior Royd Farm they have off-road hacking and DIY and there are some other little private yards advertising on preloved in the area. You may have to go on a waiting list for some yards so may be worth sussing it out before you buy the horse. Good luck. BTW there is a local riding club, which meets at Grenoside equestrian may - sept, maybe see you there one day! Good luck anyway.

Archived