Reggae musicians?

hey guys:)

just wondering if there is any other musicians out there who are interested in playing reggae/ska/rocksteady music? i play drums:)

also, if there is any bands possibly looking for a drummer then feel free to let me know:D

-Sam

Bigbobss, you still interested in playing some reggae mucis? Our band has a full set nearly but our drummer & bassist just left. Were playing a very Dub influenced sound. Email me if your up for coming down and having a jam:

[email protected]

Hey Sam

I play rhythm guitar or bass, and free for a jam anytime.

My last band did some retro sounding ska/reggae/afro-pop a few years ago around Sheff: http://www.myspace.com/thelimessheffield

James

Edited by jamesstarky
forgot my name

James, I heard your band The Limes on myspace a few years ago and was dead impressed, never got to see you before you stopped gigging though unfortunately! Loved that very rocksteady sound you managed to create.

I've started another thread asking after musicians for my new dub/reggae band and were after a bass player if your interested mate?

We've not got a name for the band yet but we've been practicing for about 5 months now and have a solid set of 4 or 5 songs. Its very duby reggae stuff, influenced by classics like Lee perry and king tubby as well as more modern stuff like Steel Pulse, Early UB40, nucleus roots etc. We've had to re-shuffle a few people as some musicians have left, so our current bass player is swapping to rhythm guitar and vocals.

We still need a bass player and drummer. Were in between practice spaces at the moment so have been playing down at yellow arches. You interested in coming down and having a jam sometime over the next couple of weeks? We usually do wed and thurs evenings.

Cheers Tom, thanks for your kind comments, I've PM'd you.

James