Tao Kung class - Longley 4G

Tao Kung movements enhance and strengthen the functions of the inner organs and systems of the body and have a toning effect on muscles and bones and promote better posture and flexibility.

Balancing energy and improving circulation. Improving balance, breathing, coordination and vitality. Stress relief and relaxation.

Come along to the first session for free !

Starting Wednesday 25th January

6.00 - 7.30PM

£1 donation per session

Longley 4G Community Centre

41 Southey Avenue

S5 7NN

0114 2332984

http://www.longley4g.btck.co.uk

Facebook search for 'Longley Centre'

We had a nice small group to start off our Tao Kung class last Wednesday, so hope to see some more new faces this week!

41 Southey Avenue

S5 7NN

0114 2332984

What's Tao Kung?

I'm familiar with Chinese martial and energy systems, especially from a philosophical standpoint but Ive never heard of Tao Kung.

I'm guessing its some kind of Chi system but could you give me more details please.

I'd be very interested too.

Do you need any special clothing/equipment and how fit do you need to be?

Thanks for any help.

This is an open class so all abilities welcome and we would suggest loose comfortable clothing you can move in.

Further info can be found on the 'weekly activities' section on our website

hope to see you there! :)

41 Southey Avenue

S5 7NN

0114 2332984

I am still baffled as to what it is so I'll have to give it a miss.

Is it a martial art or like yoga?

4Greens

Without being rude when two seperate people ask you questions about something your advertising you may get more of a response by actually answering them directly rather than sending them elsewhere for further information.

We still do not know what Tao Kung is, so basic information rather than further information is what we need.

Wroughton

If it's a variation on Qi Gong (Chi Gung (or kung)) which I suspect it is it will be closer to Yoga than a martial art. Qi Gong is one of the internal arts that come under the umberella term Wu Shu and although closely associated with martial arts its actual purpose is to channel chi around the body which is essentially (forgive me this is a really, really, basic, black and white explanation) what Yoga does (although in Yoga you're controlling Prana which means both 'breath' and 'wisdom', it's really a mixture of the two).

Of course I don't know as we've yet to recieve any actual information about it. I'm always very skeptical about buzz names like Tao Kung but I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if they're willing to expand a bit more.

Just a quick thank you for the information. Very handy.

I had gone to the website Greens mentioned but the information was identical to the original posting. All the stuff about strengthening and enhancing could apply to any amount of activities.

Thanks again for the info.