New Restaurant Crookes "Hestia"

Walkley Dave

Went to the new restaurant at Crookes called "Hestia" on Saturday night. Has the great advantage of being able to take your own wine and the food was very good.

Complimentary dips and olives to start - some good starters - the sardines come recommended - and a decent choice of mains with some specials. We also had a pudding which were bought in but excellent. Sort of Greek Turkish Mediterranean (rather than French Spanish Mediterranean if you see what I mean). Portions were bang on.

The service is good and nothing is too much trouble. Very friendly staff.

Cost around £20.00 - £25.00 per head for three courses.

• 2 months later...

I couldn't disagree more.

Went at the weekend and the waiter was very friendly seemed like a nice guy but the food was poor quality and cheap looking and not cooked properly not to mention over priced. It came with salad apparantly but the salad was some past its best rocket and a sliver of pepper. The chips and chicken nuggets meal for kids came without the chips and arrived after the adults had finished their meals. I have never ever seen such poor quality seafood the mussells were tiny and possibly frozen. Very poor quality food. The scallops were raw aswell. No flavour whatsoever. Very expensive for cheap food. One star.