Wild Broom poem

does any one know the poem "Wild Broom"

i have an older lady who used to be a teacher and she is trying to find a copy of it. she is 86 and recalls using as part of the exam board. it was in a publication but the guild hall school of music and dram.

we are talking around 1963 when she was teaching and recalls it, so not sure how old it is.

we don't know the author either!

it's fundamentally is about the plant Wild Broom

If any one can help i would be so grateful and i know the lady in question would be over the moon. i have been looking for some time now.

no its not, but thanks for trying.

the first line is "oh perishing wasteful broom"

i lead to believe the last line or last verse is "but oh the mad joy as i burn myself out"

any further suggestions are most welcome.

Sauerkraut, that looks like the right one, i dont see my lady till thursday so cant fully confirm. but i will let you know. thank you so much in advance

You're welcome. From the bits you quoted I think that's got to be it.

I know how frustrating it is to be searching for an elusive poem. All best wishes to the lady concerned :)

Sauerkraut Huge big thankyou, you found my ladys missing poem, that was the right one. i cant say thankyou enough. you have made an old lady very very happy. thankyou for all your help xx

Aww, so glad it was the right one. And I appreciate your reporting back to say so. Thank you and Happy Christmas :)