And they wonder why so many people are unemployed!

Angelfalls: You have highlighted a serious problem affecting the unemployed - especially long term unemployed people. How to survive until the first pay check arrives - sometimes this can be up to five weeks or more, depending upon the timing of the start of employment.

This period of absolutely no income scares many unemployed people, and is certainly a factor to be considered when applying for jobs...

Angelfalls: You have highlighted a serious problem affecting the unemployed - especially long term unemployed people. How to survive until the first pay check arrives - sometimes this can be up to five weeks or more, depending upon the timing of the start of employment.

This period of absolutely no income scares many unemployed people, and is certainly a factor to be considered when applying for jobs...

thank you, i was not asking for hand outs and infact i did say i will go to work and do my best to make it work for a better life, no matter what it takes! however, i do think this whole situation should be looked into further, as i know nothing can be done in time for myself but maybe in the future, then the so many unemployed might think about getting a job.

i was not asking for hand outs.

Are you sure.... your previous comment would suggest otherwise.

why not, when a person gets a job, help them out a bit, give them the back to work bonus no matter how long they have been claiming for, "

if i could have kids, i would have 10, then sit back on my fat arse and let the benefits role in!

Thank god you can't then if that is your attitude.