House swap Australia or house sitting - june 2011

aussie80

Hi,

We've got my parents coming over next year for our wedding and due to us only having a 2 bedroom house with 2 children we can't put them up for the 3-4 weeks that they'll be here.

We've looked at B&B's, hotels and serviced apartments but they are just all too much. We've searched for a caravan park in the area but not had any luck with that either.

We've been told about house swapping or house sitting and are wondering if anyone would like to house swap with my parents house in Brisbane (they will be going elsewhere before coming the the uk so it's possible that you can stop there for longer than the 3-4 weeks that they are here).

Or does anyone know of anyone that needs a house sitter for about a month next year while they're away? They've just come into their 60's, non smokers, responsible and tidy people.

Thanks for your help

Trish

Hi, I've got family in Oz, Would be nice to see my Mother again out there who's getting on in years. What month next year are you interested in? My wife is due a baby late feb/ early March so if it's around that time I'm afraid it would be no good but later I would be interested. I have a 3 bed house in Hope Valley Peak district. Would this be too far out for your parents? we are about 9 miles from Sheffield.