Unlimited Net access using mobile as a USB modem

goldenfleece

My USB wi-fi stick is broken so no broadband upstairs at the moment from my main home router... so am using my Orange cellphone as a modem plugged into my PC instead. Now I have an 'unlimited data' net package on the Orange phone, but I wonder if UNLIMITED data on a phone package is the same in effect as UNLIMITED landline broadband?

The contract on orange says unlimited data but subject to FAIR USE policy....there are no data limits, but I wonder if its up the task of a whole days downloading and watching i-player and stuff? Os would this count as unfair use from a mobile? Connection speed via orange is great, just not wanting to incur charges in case they think its not 'fair use' with it plugged into my PC when its not a dedicated Orange internet USB stick......

Edited by goldenfleece

Aside from fair use, many packages specifically exclude usage when tethered to your laptop.

read thro the main T and C and nowhere does it say may not be plugged into a laptop or PC.......so i guess its Ok in that respect.......in any case how would THEY know if it was connected to a PC or not?

read thro the main T and C and nowhere does it say may not be plugged into a laptop or PC.......so i guess its Ok in that respect.......in any case how would THEY know if it was connected to a PC or not?

I think they could have a good idea if you go from 3 gb a month to 60+ (numbers just random)