Joining something new

Hi all,

I've been trawling through the internet to find myself a new hobby or join a group of something which I am already interested.

I love to sing, bellydance and act. I finished my first year on uni in May and have been looking since then yet after trying to contact people for piano lessons etc have come up with nothing. Therefore was wondering if anyone on hee could help me?

I would me extremley grateful for any help!!!!

thanks in advanced

charlotte

There's got to be plenty of societies at uni that you'd be interested in surely? From what I remember they have one for pretty much everything under the sun

yes but not much for someone who is just beginning and also I'm at university at leeds but live in sheffield, so would prefer to do something closer to home

hey I still haven't found anything which suits me, im looking for something thats good but not to strict. there must be something out there.

help would be much appreciated.

You didn't mention dance apart from the belly kind, but how about modern jive dancing? Cater for complete beginners (beginners' lessons at the start of every class evening), no partner necessary (you rotate around a lot, so you'll get to dance with pretty much everyone there), not too strict (unlike most dance styles, they're not hung up on exact footwork), good fun (you can dance to pretty much any track as long as it's not really fast) and exercise...

As a regular at Blitz I obviously recommend Wednesdays and Thursdays at Crookes Social Club, but Ceroc also have classes in Sheffield, on Tuesdays at the Davy Club on Prince of Wales Road.

For something a bit further from the norm, how about medieval re-enactment? Come to Knights In Battle any Wednesday night and say hello and give it a go. Definitely no experience required there - hardly anyone has used a sword before they turn up, and as for pollaxes...

Hype dance

They do classes, performance groups and Glee club.

Get a post on the forum for someone to recommend a piano teacher - there are loads in Sheffield!

Hi thankyou,

blitz sounds like a good place to go i'll have a look at it.

Yea, i've posted that I want to learn piano lessons but got no reply

You could come and check out Belrobics new Belly dancing class in Dronfield? Its very friendly and beginners are welcome. Call Jenny on 07816850132 for more belrobics classes available and any upcoming events.

p.s ive been going to belrobics for about 5 years now and i couldnt reccomend it more. The sense of community is amazing in our performance group. I wouldn't swap it for the world