Can any one tell me about Pomona st school in the 1930s?

Hey, im an a level student in stamford and for my english project im doing a biography on my great uncle who lives in sheffield and went to Pomona street school in the 1930s. But i can't find any information or pictures on it, so if anyone knows anything about it or how to get to know about it, please let me know it would be a great help, cheers. :help:

sheffield archives at shoreham street sheffield will probably have a photo of it.

they are part of sheffield libraries and will let you copy pictures for a small charge if it's for personal use only. :)

Thanks a lot, i'll be up there hopefully some time soon. Yeah but it also means you're useful :)

I think the school is now called Porter Croft on Pomona

Street, it used to be Pomona Street School

Hope this helps

Pomona Street school was used for some oter purpose during the second world war. Its children were sent to other schools, and some came to mine which was Hunter’s Bar.

There's been a thread fairly recently about Pomona Street school on here ----------but not just about the 1930's.It was to do with the question of whether Pomona Street ever had a hospital ? { It did by the way , of sorts ------and as you might have guessed it was Pomona Street school which was converted to a type of hospital in times of emergency ].

I didn't know there was a Pomona St. School,I went to St. Matthias in the early 40s. Only for one year though,I'm glad to say.