CoPilot for phones

lizelard

can anyone recommend (or not) the co pilot sat nav app im wanting to use it in the US. would there be massive roaming charges?? oh im such an android novice!!! I'm wanting to put it on a Blackberry or an ipodtouch or maybe it would be better to buy a sat nav from Halfords (or another reputabile retailer) :)

thank you in advance x

I've got Copilot on my iphone and I had it before on my old Win mobile phone. It's a brilliant bit of software for the price. I recently went to Spain and like you was worried about roaming charges so I rented a Tom-Tom instead, it was terrible in comparison.

It's got great reviews in the App Store and people say it works fine with data roaming turned off so as long as your phone has a decent GPS I'd say you'll be fine.

I'm confused by the second part of your post though. Are you planning to buy it for an Android phone or Blackberry / ipod touch? I don't think it's available for Blackberry and you need a GPS mount for iPod touch so an Android phone is your most viable option, assuming the software is the same quality as the iPhone version.

Oh ok. You can put it on an ipod touch as long as it's 2nd / 3rd generation. You'll need a Tomtom ipod GPS kit or something similar - £40 from Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-Car-Kit-iPod-Touch/dp/B002YMGE16/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1303846219&sr=1-1

Funnily enough, the highest rated review for it mentions the same scenario as yours - taking it to the USA to use with Copilot.