Rock'n'Roll at the Broughton Inn.

linda

I'm surprised you couldn't get in 'cos you were too young. Although I was 18 I looked about 12 (so other lanlords would tell me), but I never had any problems at the Broughton. Wish I had that problem now.

I seem to remember that The Broughton didn't have a bar in the room where the record hop was held, but you could get served through a hole in the wall that looked as though it had been kicked through. It was all rough, broken with exposed brickwork. I always thought that was the way they got around serving underage drinkers. Could be just my imagination though.

I don't remember the serving hatch being in such a state, but that may have happened after I had stopped going to the Broughton. I know all the walls were painted black and the lighting was the type that showed up anything white.

Ron was the landlords name but I can't remember his wifes name, The photo I've used for my avatar was taken as you can see in front of what seems to be the gents toilets, but actually that door opened up into a passage way leading to another bar area as well as toilets.

XH558, Richard

Can't stop so keep rockin kids.

Did any of you go to the Dog And Partridge?

I went to Broughton and Dog and know or know of almost all the names mentioned in all threads

You can find a lot of them on Facebook where most people on or off scene are keeping in touch with each other

A GOOD REFERENCE POINT IS THE BLACK BULL ROCK N ROLL YEARS PAGE ON FACEBOOK

I only went to the Bull a couple of times, I can only remember a couple of names one was either Spike or Spider the other was a guy called Sandy who at the time was courting a girl called Mandy Haze from Rotherham.

I remember the lads from the Bull taking that b/w photo outside Clifton Hall.

As for the Dog, I can picture the DJ a short but well made guy with a tash but can't remember his name.

As for the Dog, I can picture the DJ a short but well made guy with a tash but can't remember his name.

It wasn't Rampton Johnny was it?

Does anyone remember Kev Delaney, if so do they know where he is now.

I last saw him at the Broughton 30 odd years ago, he was Timpson's shoe shop manager on Hillsborough back then.

XH558

I went in there when I was looking for some blue suede creepers and he pointed me in the right direction (not Timpsons) that was 30 years ago. He was still there when I went in recently. Oh no, hang on that was 15 years ago:hihi:

I worked with a kid called Chris in the late 80's who was a big Rock'n'roll fan, he often went to the Dog and Partridge. He always looked the part and he even drove a big 50's car, he moved up to Sheffield from Brighton in the 80's, anyone remember him?

My mum knew him.

Anyway, Big Ange as she was known, used to work on the door every weekend. She was also known for her tattoo's. Apparently there was only 1 other woman who had tattoo's at the time.