Lieutenant George Lambert V.C.

ive really tried to get more information on george, other than whats listed above.

george was not married had no kids it seems, he left everything to his father also called george lambert a farmer in markethill a will worth less than £300, whatever that means.

his religion in terms of irelands truobles does not matter, i hope. i would think he loved ireland and his regiment.

as far as i can find he was from the 84th regiment of foot (york and lancaster) the indian mutany was very bloody and the 84th fought very very well.

ive been to see the grave and its disgusting that a true heros grave should be left to such a fate.

Edited by alabama

Alabama,

Thanks for this -religion doesnt come in to it. Some brave Irish lads from the Munsters, Leinsters and Dublin Fusiers in Walkley Cemetery who are not forgotten by this Englishman. I suspected Lambert was unmarried. Apparently he suffered a bad head wound in India and there is a plaque to him out there. One thing -whether Shamrock or not- he would appreciate something green. Anyone know his birth date/date of death?

Alabama,

Thanks for this -religion doesnt come in to it. Some brave Irish lads from the Munsters, Leinsters and Dublin Fusiers in Walkley Cemetery who are not forgotten by this Englishman. I suspected Lambert was unmarried. Apparently he suffered a bad head wound in India and there is a plaque to him out there. One thing -whether Shamrock or not- he would appreciate something green. Anyone know his birth date/date of death?

16th december 1819 to 10th of febuary 1860

Edited by alabama