Did anyone go to St.Peter's School in 1959 thru' 1961

Sister Josephine-- what a terror she seemed to be for anyone who didnt do what they were told:suspect:. In fact she was a lovely person who i knew had a heart as big as a bucket:)- more like her in schools today and the kids would be more capable when they left:

i totally agree :)

I went to St Peters Sec Mod between 1965 and 1969. The Headmaster was Mr Charles Martin (Charlie to us pupils!). I can only remember the first name of the Deputy Headmaster as being Bernard. Mr Martin always used to stand in the front of the hall at morning assembly with his thumbs behind his braces. My teachers were: The mad, sadistic Sister Josephine who mercifully didn't put me off the film The Sound of Music by playing it at every music lesson(!), Sister Veronica (Needlework) who was lovely, Mr Prophet and Mr Anyon (Science), Miss Kerrigan (Music), Jim McNerney (History), Frank Farmery (English and Form Teacher), Mr Cherry, Mr Dodds (Maths), Mrs Dodds (PE) and Mr Pearson (Jed to us pupils!). I can also remember one occasion when practically the whole school was caned for being out of bounds when we waved goodbye to the Royal Marines who had visited us!

I went to St Peters Sec Mod between 1965 and 1969. The Headmaster was Mr Charles Martin (Charlie to us pupils!). I can only remember the first name of the Deputy Headmaster as being Bernard. Mr Martin always used to stand in the front of the hall at morning assembly with his thumbs behind his braces. My teachers were: The mad, sadistic Sister Josephine who mercifully didn't put me off the film The Sound of Music by playing it at every music lesson(!), Sister Veronica (Needlework) who was lovely, Mr Prophet and Mr Anyon (Science), Miss Kerrigan (Music), Jim McNerney (History), Frank Farmery (English and Form Teacher), Mr Cherry, Mr Dodds (Maths), Mrs Dodds (PE) and Mr Pearson (Jed to us pupils!). I can also remember one occasion when practically the whole school was caned for being out of bounds when we waved goodbye to the Royal Marines who had visited us!

i think the deputy was Mr Giles when i was their.

• 1 month later...

Went up to see what was left of the school the other day. Was very sad to see an overgrown wasteground where St Peters was. Colley Road School also gone! When I searched Sheffieldpictures site, they were calling St Peters the old Colley Road School site - was gobsmacked - and annoyed. How could they do such a thing as call St Peters Colley Road? How very dare they?! It was bad enough that they changed it to Parson Cross College! :sad::mad:

• 3 months later...

i've just read this thread with great interest. i remember some of the teachers names mentioned namely. mr martin, pearson (jed), dodds, cherry (tec drawing), giles, anyon & Mcnerny (mac to us) i attended from 69 to 74. jim Mcnernys son peter became a news reader and lives in the same vilage as me in grenoside just 5 mins drive from the site of the old school.

• 2 weeks later...
I left St PETERS IN 1970 , my sister Miare Touhey was in that first intake followed by three sisters & five brothers , sadly Miare died last year .

Hey BIGLIL, So you must be Liam ! sorry to hear bout your Miare, hows the rest of the Touheys ? hows Kevin ? your Shaun was at my house a couple of years ago to quote on some cavity wall insulation, I was at work so we never met up, pity..any way, email me mbrennan@udce.co.uk lets have a pint and catch up, would be great to see you, Mick