Safety in Sharrow

Let me tell you about my experience when i was working there just for the day in september..................A women came upto me,clearly of ethnic origin ,either salami or sudanese and spoke very,very little english and she showed me some papers, well shoved them in my face and i caught the words "college" and " you read" so i read a letter from a college and as we where just across from there, i pointed to it again she said read,read you show me.I then read another letter from the social and it was her social security proof of reciept kind of thing to prove she is on benefits and it was a staggering £360 per week,no lie, even my mate saw it.And NO it wasnt per fortnight or per month it was per week.I pointed again to the college as another letter from immigration said she was to attend english classes.well everone would have thought i had tried to mug her she started screaming "you tell me nothing,you tell me nothing" and started to spit at me.I was like what the ****,ungratefull cow.

"spoke very,very little english": Considering the quality of your written english I'd have thought you'd get on quite well.

Hilarious joke about salami though, it's good that you can take the **** out of your own stupidity, many folks aren't that strong. Well done.

Hi,

Im thinking about moving to Sharrow, I just wondered how safe the area is, and whether there are any areas to avoid?

Thanks

So then Catherine, have you moved or are going to live in Sharrow?

Agreed. Do you know, I've never yet heard of any Somalis having stabbed anyone in the backside?

Hi plain talker i lived on mount street in sharrow for 29yrs an the community spirit was un believable and WE could leave our doors open an walk around at anytime of a day or a night but my how things change i have lived in norton for 6yrs now an the place has gone down hill an not only is there stabbins but theres shootings mugging and the youths kick peoples doors off and just walk in and take whats not theres .. but what i will say some of my closest friends still live on there and they are the salt of the earth ,, its a cryin shame

I too lived on mount street for 28 years, I moved out this year. I have great memories of living in sharrow (most of them from when I was a kid) It used to be a great place to live, everyone knew each other, everyone looked out for one another and as snuffty said you could leave your door unlocked and your stuff would be there when you came back.

I could walk down the street and say hello to almost anyone, they would know me and I would know them, but now I could walk down the street and not know anyone. There are still a few of the people I grew up with, but most are now strangers and what used to be a great place to live as been destroyed.

I've seen more cop cars on the street in the last 6 years than I ever did in the previous 22 years. The crime level must have increased in the following areas: Shootings, stabbings, muggings, drugs, burgulary and the list could go on but these are the ones I have notice.

I have a little girl now and she is one of the main reasons we moved out of the area.

The schools have gone down hill, the community spirits gone and I would never dream of letting her play out after dark like I did.

Its all well and good going back after dark to have a look at the area, but thats just one night, you may drop on a quiet one. Whatever you decide I wish you luck x