HELP! Converting one audio file to another?

shelly121

wel the problem is i got a song of a normal CD, and need to convert it to .wav ,

so i looked in its properties and it says file type: RealSystem media.

so i thght hey, thats easy! get a converter that says it can convert .RM to . WAV, but i downloaded one and it says it doesnt recognise the file? HELP! im downlaoding a different one at mo to see if that will understand the file type?!?!?

Originally posted by Godey

Hi Shelly. You can download and try this software:

copy this url to browser.

download.com/Free-CD-Ripper/3000-2140_4-10374032.html?tag=lst-0-2

good luck.

thanks Godey, the 2nd converter i tryed didnt help either- both say "file incorrect format". Il try the one u suggested.

Keep in mind that realplayer might have taken controll and became the standard player for cds. Therefore don't take it as red that just because your computer is telling these are realmedia files that is what they are, they arn't.

Originally posted by Rich

this might work!

HTH :clap:

thanks rich, its the same link as wot Godey has wrote! but thanks neway.

If the previous one does not work then try this:

im downloading both now to see if they will help...fingers crossed!! il be back asking for help otherwise! :/

Originally posted by super_pie

Keep in mind that realplayer might have taken controll and became the standard player for cds. Therefore don't take it as red that just because your computer is telling these are realmedia files that is what they are, they arn't.

so how do i find out what the file format actually is, please??

Archived