Please support The Autism Bill

Just received this from NAS. Please get involved!

Dear Supporter,

I'm delighted to tell you that Cheryl Gillan MP, who was drawn first in the Private Members' Bill ballot, has agreed to take forward the Autism Bill. Thank you to all those who campaigned to get us this far, we now have a once in a lifetime chance to introduce a law specifically to support people with autism.

To make the most of this opportunity, we now need to ensure that at least 100 MPs attend Parliament on Friday 27th February to vote in favour of the Autism. Parliament doesn't usually meet on a Friday, so we must persuade each MP to make an advance commitment to attend and vote: please email your MP and ask them to make this commitment now!

I will be in touch again soon to update you on progress towards our target, and with details of other ways you can get involved with the campaign. In the meantime, please do email your MP and ask your friends and family to do the same.

Further information on the Bill itself can be found at www.autism.org.uk/autismbill. Please also feel free to contact me on [email protected] if you have any questions.

spacer.gif With best wishes,

Matthew.jpg

Matthew Downie

Campaigns Manager The National Autistic Society, registered office: 393 City Road, London, EC1V 1NG, United Kingdom.

Tel: +44(0)20 7833 2299, Fax: +44 (0)20 7833 9666, Email: [email protected]

VAT registration number: 653370050; a charity registered in England and Wales (269425) and in Scotland (SC039427)

The National Autistic Society 2008 If you no longer wish to receive emails about the think differently about autism campaign,

please email us at [email protected]. We apologise if you have previously unsubscribed from our updates and have received this email in error. Please simply email us at the address above to unsubscribe and we will ensure that you are removed from all our email systems.

p.gif?uid=3518920132&mid=350135406

Only 14 MPs have agreed to be in parliament to vote.We need to get more so please click on the link and a letter will be sent to your MP for you.

Thanks for your support

Does anyone know what happens if there aren't enough MPs there?

Ugh, I sent the email last week, 3 days later it was bounced back! :loopy::rant:

Sent to local MP who serves S3, Richard Caborn.

Ugh, I sent the email last week, 3 days later it was bounced back! :loopy::rant:

Sent to local MP who serves S3, Richard Caborn.

Mine did also...aargghhhh

Just spoke to Richard Caborns secretary and the correct email is

[email protected] so forward it on to that address please and they now know about the bill date and it is the second reading so it is very important

Thanks

i will send email but now sure who mp is for hillsboro - anyone know please

i will send email but now sure who mp is for hillsboro - anyone know please

I think it's Angela Smith for Hillsborough, she's the Labour one anyway.

Have a look on the Council web site here there might be a list of local MPs and their email addresses.

email sent to angela smith - the nas website sorted it when i input my details

Does anyone have an update on the numbers who will be there to support the bill?