How many cats is too many?

I have 2 ferals living in the garden and Oscar and his new kitty friend in the house, that's enough for me :D

After last night, I would say a good upper limit is 'how many cats can sleep on your face without you suffocating?'

My answer is two...

Now, according to our vet, you only become the mad catwoman (or man) once you have more than 10 cats. That makes me safe for now- over the past 19 years, we've often had up to 8 cats at one time. OK, we now have 9 (the little sickly foster kitten just can't leave us) and occasionally have our friend's 4 cats to stay when she goes away, plus the fosters outside, but as long as there's still a space on the sofa or the bed, there are never too many cats - ask the daft dobermutt, Ailsa. She rolls her eyes in disgust occasionally and mutters 'not another bloomin moggie' under her breath, but she's also pretty partial to tuna fish and cat biscuits, so she tolerates their prescence...