Something a bit different...

On the project I've been involved in over the last year a fair few local enthusiasts have written books. Most are orthodox history which you might find interesting; one is a bit different and I find it absolutely captivating.

In a model that might be of relevance here, we paired writers up with different strengths and The Pit Ponies of the Barnsley Seam is a collaboration between the principal author Frank, with prose polished by a friend and fellow local historian Keith. I think the result is fantastic, I'll let you make up your own mind.

It can be downloaded free on PDF by clicking on the publications link (as can other books). If you want to hear Frank talking about his memories click on Videos/Kiveton Meadows Mining Memories/Frank: http://www.kivetonwaleshistory.co.uk

John

(I've been on SF for years with another username (and a member of the writing group); with permission of the mods I tend to use this username for work-related things)

PS If anybody is near Kiveton Park some hot chips would be good - I'm stuck at the freezing 19th century pit offices with a broken down car!

Sorry, I should have said this wasn't intended as a submission to the December competition.