IE Script Error window..

RiffRaff

Periodically, I'm getting a script error window open, stating that the "specified and module could not be found" and giving a certain line and character number.

The url is listed as

https://pbttbc.bt.motive.com/AlertWebFlow/getalerts.jsp?.vendorId=btbb&.ctx=ssm

It's a safe bet that it's something to do with BT's broadband service, but what?

Suffice to say, I'll avoid contacting the BT Indian "help" desk for as long as possible, on the grounds that if it takes them 20 minutes to get my surname right, God only knows how long it would take 'em to understand the above line.....

Any ideas?

Periodically, I'm getting a script error window open, stating that the "specified and module could not be found" and giving a certain line and character number.

The url is listed as

https://pbttbc.bt.motive.com/AlertWebFlow/getalerts.jsp?.vendorId=btbb&.ctx=ssm

It's a safe bet that it's something to do with BT's broadband service, but what?

Suffice to say, I'll avoid contacting the BT Indian "help" desk for as long as possible, on the grounds that if it takes them 20 minutes to get my surname right, God only knows how long it would take 'em to understand the above line.....

Any ideas?

Whether this has anything to do with BT is unclear. The domain you give is registered to an Austin, Texas company called Motive. Their website claims that they provide 'Digital Life Management' software to broadband providers around the world, including BT. But their website is not that professionally put together; it does not display properly on Firefox for example.

My suspicion is that you have some sort of spyware on your computer; this could of course have been put on by BT if they asked you to install any software when you connected through them.

Scan your computer. Remove any unnecessary BT software (the 'Home Hub' shouldn't need any). On your next post, perhaps you could put up the entire error message exactly as it appears. Then it'll be possible to give more specific advice.

Hmmm...interesting. Thanks, Cinders...

Seems to be legit, from this info :

http://www.motive.com/newsevents/pressreleases/pr.asp?id=5926

The only BT software loaded - I don't use a homehub anyway, just a Voyager router - is the BT Broadband Desktop Help app.

(Bear in mind that the main cause for complaint is lack of connection, and their Desktop Help only operates when....er.....connected, you can perhaps begin to see a teensy-weensy bit of a flaw in its efficiency at this point....)

Think I'll uninstall and see if the message reappears at any stage. If so, will make a full note of given details...

Cheers for your help again.