Hodkin Family

looking for information regarding my grandad alonzo hodkin my dad was from sheffield thomas henry hodkin grandad was married to lydea bertha dads brother was frank alonzo his sister evelyn  dad moved to ossett thanks my name is keith 

• 2 weeks later...

His birth was registered as Alonza Hodkin in Q2 1882 with mothers maiden name Gregory. He was baptised 17 May 1882 at St Silas. Parents James Hodkin and Sarah (marriage of James Hodkin and Sarah Gregory was on 17 November 1870 at Sheffield Cathedral.)  At the time of his baptism they were living at 55 Hodgson St.  Alonzo married Lydia Bertha Boulby at St Stephens on 31 May 1903.  In the 1911 and 1921 census Alonzo and Lydia were living at 68 Ellison St. In 1911 he was an engineers labourer, and in 1921 a scragg driver for John Browns Atlas works on Saville St. In the 1939 register he was a  "scragg driver, testing springs" and by then he was living at 231 Buchanan Rd. He died in April 1951 aged 68 and was buried  at City Rd cemetery, from 119 Alexandra Rd. Buried in the same plot as his mother Sarah, and a child Harry Hodkin who died in 1905 aged 2 years.  From what I can tell Alonzo and Lydia had 10 children.  Perhaps someone clever can explain what a scragg was, I've never heard of it.