Comedy writing course/workshop

niceyjane

Can anyone recommend a short comedy writing course/workshop in Sheffield or somewhere regional. All the courses I've come across are London based.

My husband is keen to get into writing comedy but works full time and isn't sure how to get started so I thought I'd ask around on here.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have done lots of searching around for workshops in sheffield but can't find anything. Manchester & Nottingham are the closer options.

I am trying to get into stand up comedy and working on a set, Maybe we could bounce our ideas off each other, I have found some open mic nights around Sheffield and would like to try some stuff out at them if your interested in comming along?:hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, if you're interested in learning more about comedy performance/stand up and writing you should contact Anthony J Brown who runs some workshops for beginners in Sheffield. Anthony is a 10 year veteran on the Comedy Circuit who does all the big clubs, has been on TV a few times and has supported Alan Carr on tour. He also runs 3 or 4 comedy clubs and I believe offers gigs to the people who attend and do well at his workshops. You can get him though facebook, look for Anthony J Brown. If you PM me i can pass on his number no probs.

At our Abbcom comedy night we do give beginners a stab at stand up but there are so many acts around at the moment you'll get a really good head start by learning the basics from a professionally run workshop I think.