Marquis of Granby Disco.

What time did the disco close then? remember the bloke with the cloak at the entrance ?

Jenny Ward from City Road worked in the Hotel Reception and married a lad called Eric Ramsdale. They banned strobe lights because they could cause fits in some people.

Golden Days- Fenoughtys used to have the swimming pool at the Rising Sun

Cross Sythes and Fleur De Lys for the [female] student teachers - never any in when we went in ! Millhouses Hotel and Robin Hood. Yorkshire Bridge- lot of Bikers.

Sue,

Do you recollect when someone was killed in aroad accident on the Hathersage road outside the Marquis?

if i`m right it used to shut at 2. i remember maureen who used to be on the entrance taking the money to come in. I remember the bloke but couldn`t tell you his name.

Was it Brian worthy? I grew up in Bamford but it was before my time, many of my friends used to go to the discos, It's sad to see the Marquis as it is now. They were going to make it into a Hilton hotel but the building work has stopped. Someone said they are waiting for the Peak park to back down so they can continue with their first plan of making it into flats.

The pub on the crossroads past the Marquis- Travellers? And where was that late night cafe? We once went on a mid night hike from Marquis- balmy summer night and walked back to Sheffield and barn parties at Bolstertone and Cave do's in Winnats !

Was it Brian worthy? I grew up in Bamford but it was before my time, many of my friends used to go to the discos, It's sad to see the Marquis as it is now. They were going to make it into a Hilton hotel but the building work has stopped. Someone said they are waiting for the Peak park to back down so they can continue with their first plan of making it into flats.

i`m not sure if it was brian but i can find out. i grew up in bamford as well. its a pity that the whole building couldn`t have been restored but time moves on, flats would be better though