Setting Up A Sunday League Team Advice Please?

cost alot tho just to set a team up dont it!!

You might be able to save on nets and kit by buying / scrounging them from a team that's just packed in.

You might be able to save on nets and kit by buying / scrounging them from a team that's just packed in.

yeh thats a point, i think it be ok once the team got going as they would raise money from subs, spot ball cards etc also got to see how much you pay out straight away for pitch, and league fees! etc

so is there any team thats packed up that want to give me there kit and nets!

think im being cheeky now but worth a try:hihi::hihi:

Well a quick run down of costs include......

Kits £150

Nets £75

Pitch £300

Balls £50

Bits n Bobs another £75

Registration say £100 depending.

Obviously you can get sopme of this money back etc with subs etc bla bla bla. But to start with you're talking a decent size set up fee.

Some places charge you match by match to play on their pitches which will work out more.

In Canada we do it different.

we pay the league a set amount and they provide you with a HOME pitch.

The nets are always up and the pitches are looked after by the city of Toronto.

Every match the 2 teams split the cost of the Ref and linesmen.

We charged $150 per player (payed before you kick a ball )for the season and got $500 from the local pub.

The 750 quid seems alright because after i saw your list I did a run down and we spent $3,500 which works out to about 1400 quid.

I thought the post by Asaw was hilarious but how true it is :hihi: The one about the burnt car made me laugh, saw that at Arborthourne when we played there but we got to play because we were on the pitch next to it.

so is there any team thats packed up that want to give me there kit and nets!

think im being cheeky now but worth a try:hihi::hihi:

PMed you mate.

Just to say if you can do it would be well worth it. We recently started a five a side team on here see Anybody Fancy Starting a 5 a side Team? thread. Weve got 8 players from the forum in total. we met up 2 mondays in a row at goodwins and played our first match in the monday league and lost 5-3. Not bad considering it was our first game, we only met each other 2 weeks before and we played the team who finished 3rd last year

Just to say if you can do it would be well worth it. We recently started a five a side team on here see Anybody Fancy Starting a 5 a side Team? thread. Weve got 8 players from the forum in total. we met up 2 mondays in a row at goodwins and played our first match in the monday league and lost 5-3. Not bad considering it was our first game, we only met each other 2 weeks before and we played the team who finished 3rd last year

well done m8,

i think i would get a few players off ere for a 11 aside sunday team if it gets up and running

In Canada we do it different.

we pay the league a set amount and they provide you with a HOME pitch.

The nets are always up and the pitches are looked after by the city of Toronto.

Every match the 2 teams split the cost of the Ref and linesmen.

We charged $150 per player (payed before you kick a ball )for the season and got $500 from the local pub.

The 750 quid seems alright because after i saw your list I did a run down and we spent $3,500 which works out to about 1400 quid.

I thought the post by Asaw was hilarious but how true it is :hihi: The one about the burnt car made me laugh, saw that at Arborthourne when we played there but we got to play because we were on the pitch next to it.

Remember one or 2 people try to set up centres like that before kids mini soccer got going a few years ago

Thanks for your PMs all , also im sure this will help others if they looked on this thread and fancy starting a team!

Cos then when you have started up you have the following problems.

Getting the lads there for kick off sobber from saturday night.

Trouble getting into the changing room

Council not cut grass

council not marked pitch out.

Removing the burnt out car from the middle of the pitch.

Someone keeping an eye on the cars so none get nicked(dependent on area).

Getting enough players to make up the squad by new year.

No referee.

Getting someone to stand in for the ref.

Getting at least one to run the line.

Try to calm the lads from killing the psycho on the other team.

apart from that ENJOY

God I'd forgotten, you are quite right. We had a few gas cookers to clear off the pitch as well as burnt out cars. The Steel City car park, what a place, we ended up parking behind the goals so that we could keep an eye on our cars during the game.

Nutters smashing the dressing room up, nutters smacking the ref, nutters starting fights with folk watching the match, bloody nutters.

No ref, never a linesman, eleven players turning up was good, no cash to pay subs but plenty for beers after the game, "I'm not putting the nets up", "hey ref what are you going to do about all this dog s--t?"

I wouldn't have missed it for the world.;)

You could try for a community grant, thats how Hemsworth villa got set up they got a grant off the local community or something like that, you can get up to a thousand pound, you need to get in touch with your local councillor and they will point you in the right direction.

The best people to ask for advice are the football leagues most are helpful simply because they are always needing new teams,I used to run a team and play, it takes up quite a bit of your time and you always upset some players simply because their the the ones that want you to pick them no matter how good/bad thay are . Good Luck