Setting Up A Sunday League Team Advice Please?

HI ALL

a mate of mine wants to set up a sunday mens league team , but he does not know where to start?

or how much it would cost or how much money he needs to start etc can anyone help or give advice please?

ive tried trying to search on net about finding how you start a team up and costs etc i cant seem to find anything for him as my mate has not got internet so can anyone help with this as well and ill print it off for him?

cheers all

Why don't you go to say Graves Park or Concord on Sunday - or wherever the nearest park game is to you? Bound to be some games on and I'm sure if you have a word with one of the teams managers / secretarys they could point you in the right direction - especially if you go back to the boozer with them after the game and buy them a couple of pints.

A few years since I was involved in running a team - your main source of income is going to be subs from the lads and whatever you can raise in your local - eg spot the ball cards, raffles etc.

You're talking an inital outlay of around £750 at least I'm afraid.

omg, well my m8 got a pub lined up, the landlord wants to be involved, but he wanted to know how much your average pitch cost a season and wots the league fees etc general breakdown of it all, he is thinking of joining meadowhall lge , i play sunday lge myself but even i dont know the money side that much!

my m8s reason to start a team is coz he got injured and has been told he cant play again! so manager of a team interests him

Well a quick run down of costs include......

Kits £150

Nets £75

Pitch £300

Balls £50

Bits n Bobs another £75

Registration say £100 depending.

Obviously you can get sopme of this money back etc with subs etc bla bla bla. But to start with you're talking a decent size set up fee.

Some places charge you match by match to play on their pitches which will work out more.

£750 sounds a large amount but if you start training every sunday from now and get say 12 people turning up week in week out. Charge em £3 each and over around 9-10 months you will raise £390, Then have a raffle or a couple of spot the balls after the game every week, You will soon raise the money. Ill be intrested in Playing. Im currently playing for a team in the Nomads league, But want a fresh start.

Well a quick run down of costs include......

Kits £150

Nets £75

Pitch £300

Balls £50

Bits n Bobs another £75

Registration say £100 depending.

Obviously you can get sopme of this money back etc with subs etc bla bla bla. But to start with you're talking a decent size set up fee.

Some places charge you match by match to play on their pitches which will work out more.

cheers for that m8

£750 sounds a large amount but if you start training every sunday from now and get say 12 people turning up week in week out. Charge em £3 each and over around 9-10 months you will raise £390, Then have a raffle or a couple of spot the balls after the game every week, You will soon raise the money. Ill be intrested in Playing. Im currently playing for a team in the Nomads league, But want a fresh start.

cheers again ill pass all this on and print it out any more info you can give would be great all

HI ALL

a mate of mine wants to set up a sunday mens league team , but he does not know where to start?

or how much it would cost or how much money he needs to start etc can anyone help or give advice please?

ive tried trying to search on net about finding how you start a team up and costs etc i cant seem to find anything for him as my mate has not got internet so can anyone help with this as well and ill print it off for him?

cheers all

Never mind, at this rate, there'll certainly be plenty of players going cheap at Hillsborough and Bramall Lane :hihi:

Cos then when you have started up you have the following problems.

Getting the lads there for kick off sobber from saturday night.

Trouble getting into the changing room

Council not cut grass

council not marked pitch out.

Removing the burnt out car from the middle of the pitch.

Someone keeping an eye on the cars so none get nicked(dependent on area).

Getting enough players to make up the squad by new year.

No referee.

Getting someone to stand in for the ref.

Getting at least one to run the line.

Try to calm the lads from killing the psycho on the other team.

apart from that ENJOY

cheers and ill let my m8 know your interested

cost alot tho just to set a team up dont it!!