Sign in to follow this  

Washing Machines

My washing machine stopped spinning last week. We had repair folks out to fix it. Very promt and had it fixed the Monday by replacing a control panel.

This morning the control panel is spuing smoke and the washing machine has stopped.

Any advice on dealing with company?

Moon Maiden

Just contact them, I would expect them to return and rectify the problem.

Just keep good records of everything that has happened, time dates etc, pictures if neccesary. Just in case things get nasty and you have to persue via small claims court.]

BTW sometimes it is as cheap to renew some of these things once a major part has gone. You can get a brand new washing machine a good make as well for less than £250. Interested to know how much they charged you for replacing the panel.

I had already rung them. They are going to come out tomorrow before 1pm.

They better as I go at 12.30pm

I paid £75 for the panel plus labour totalling £109. So I'll be damned if I am forking out again for one of their **** ups.

Kitchen now stinks wonderfully.

Moon Maiden

I,ve got an old one for scrap wanting picking up if anybodys into that.

Can anyone reccomend a repair company or person?

This one has out stayed it's welcome and are very close to the County court. Yay for Trading Standards

Moon Maiden

So what happened, did the company come back and fix it properly or what? Surely their work was guaranteed?

I don't know any repairers for washers alas.

They arranged for an 'appraisel' appointment.

This was on Saturday "yes yes we will be there before 1pm"

No show

arranged for Tuesday "yes we will be there between 1pm and 5pm"

No show - many apologies we will put you in for the first apoointment tomorrow between 8a.m and 10a.m.

12pm they turn up and try to tell me that it is a different fault oh lets blind the 'woman' with complicated technical jargon- except the fault has occurred on the part they replaced only the week before.

I now have to wait between 3 - 5 days for their part to be replaced by their suppliers and they will come and fix it ASAP. So I have a letter here respectfully requesting that it is fixed no later than next wednesday as I am going on holiday shortly afterwards.

Have trading standards helping me, here hoping they don't attempt to charge me for the work!!

Moon

If trading standards get involved they should buck their ideas up and get it sorted. If it is a faulty component they should replace it.

Not acceptable to not turn up when they say they will. Name and shame them on here so everyone knows not to deal with them!

Do I have permission to name and shame then??

Just had a very interesting conversation with a technician called Mickey Mouse??

Moon