Should Benitez get the boot at Anfield?

Should Benitez get the chop at Anfield?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Benitez get the chop at Anfield?

• Yes
    • No

I think Benitez is off sooner than later after readig this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7108721.stm

Benitez may well walk however, he will not be sacked!

After todays performance which leaves Liverpool 3 points behind the leaders and in a great position leading into the xmas period, it would be silly to even suggest that Rafa could be given the boot!

Apparently Moyes walks into the weekly Friday press conference yesterday at Finch Farm, with a big smile on his face and before any of the journo's asked a question.

Moyesy says: "As always I am focused on training and coaching my team."

Everyone ****** themselves. We wonder what he was referring to?

Apparently Moyes walks into the weekly Friday press conference yesterday at Finch Farm, with a big smile on his face and before any of the journo's asked a question.

Moyesy says: "As always I am focused on training and coaching my team."

Everyone ****** themselves. We wonder what he was referring to?

Rafa Benitez? :rolleyes:

Not debating the question but another outburst from Rafa leads me to thinking, he sailing very close to the wind, following his midweek warning!

Benitez may well walk however, he will not be sacked!

If he thinks he can get away with criticizing his owners, he might find himself holding a P45 before the end of this week. Americans, from my experience, will NOT stand for their employees going against their orders, or criticizing them in public.

If he thinks he can get away with criticizing his owners, he might find himself holding a P45 before the end of this week. Americans, from my experience, will NOT stand for their employees going against their orders, or criticizing them in public.

I don't think the Yanks understand the british culture, but then again US sports is very different to the UK. For example, in the US players don't gand up on officials, managers don't swear at officials (Fergie) or abuse them into retirement (Mourinho). Fans don't swear at everyone, or encourage their scummy kids to behave the same way. There is a general lack of respect for owners. Benitez's comments may sound controversial, but maybe some of it is lost in translation. I can't see him leaving Liverpool, or being forced out. How would Gillett and Hicks deal with a Mourinho!!!

I don't think the Yanks understand the british culture, but then again US sports is very different to the UK. For example, in the US players don't gand up on officials, managers don't swear at officials (Fergie) or abuse them into retirement (Mourinho). Fans don't swear at everyone, or encourage their scummy kids to behave the same way. There is a general lack of respect for owners. Benitez's comments may sound controversial, but maybe some of it is lost in translation. I can't see him leaving Liverpool, or being forced out. How would Gillett and Hicks deal with a Mourinho!!!

How is this British culture? Benitez is Spanish and Mourinho is Portuguese. Also have you ever watched baseball or ice hockey?

How is this British culture? Benitez is Spanish and Mourinho is Portuguese. Also have you ever watched baseball or ice hockey?

which baseball or ice hockey incidents are you referring to?

which baseball or ice hockey incidents are you referring to?

I often see players and officials go eye to eye in base ball, and there are regular fights in ice hockey.

players fighting is not the point - there is less respect generally for officials and owners in this country i.e. the people you are supposed to respect - when a team wins a trophy in the US they give the trophy to the team owner - can you imagine that happening here?

Managers here seem to think they can get away with doing or saying what they want. Benitez's behaviour is wrong - whatever he has to say about getting players should be done behind closed doors, or through Rick Parry. Having said that Benitez is one of the more respectful managers, but I can sees him getting sucked in to our way of doing things in the same way it has happened to Wenger.

I often see players and officials go eye to eye in base ball, and there are regular fights in ice hockey.

Quite right, it does happen. There's one major difference, though.

Any player who so much as makes contact with an official in US sports, is automatically kicked out of the game. Any player (or manager) who argues with an official's decision is, likewise, kicked out of the game. Usually when that happens, since they've already been booted they stay there and shout a bit more, but they invariable pay the price for their actions.

Consider rugby union, as well, where arguing with the referee just moves you back ten metres and/or gets you a ten-minute break. It's only really in football where the officials are intimidated.