Should Benitez get the boot at Anfield?

Should Benitez get the chop at Anfield?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Benitez get the chop at Anfield?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think the Yanks understand the british culture, but then again US sports is very different to the UK.

....How would Gillett and Hicks deal with a Mourinho!!!

Mourinho wouldn't last a week in American sports. Hell, he didn't last long once he started implying criticism of Abramovich. American owners would have given him a damn sight less time and rope.

It's a very simple equation. If you're not happy with the guy who employs you, you leave, either willingly or by force.

we ve gone off track a bit with this american sport culture thing.

Unless the yanks have an eye on Mourinho already, they are daft to think that getting shot of rafa is goign to help liverpool. As Paul has said, they are 3 points behind Utd and have a game in hand. they are unbeaten in the league and i still think will qualify for champions league next round. And Rafa is right about wanting to sign mascherano who has been brilliant for them.

Bleedin yanks! These are the people who wanted the game broken into quarters and longer breaks fro throw ins so they could get ads running! stay out of it!

and i doubt that mourinho will do better than rafa has given the amount he had spent on players at chelsea albeit some of them were forced on him.

Im warming to rafa more and more- his repeating the training/coaching line is actually very funny though agree risky!

Just read this article from the BBc website from when Benitez left Valencia. Sound familiar?

"Benitez is known to have had his differences with the board and in particular with the club's sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch.

"The two clashed at the start of the season over the control of possible new signings and Benitez expressed his dissatisfaction over the club's failure to reinforce the squad with players he had recommended."

Just read this article from the BBc website from when Benitez left Valencia. Sound familiar?

"Benitez is known to have had his differences with the board and in particular with the club's sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch.

"The two clashed at the start of the season over the control of possible new signings and Benitez expressed his dissatisfaction over the club's failure to reinforce the squad with players he had recommended."

Indeed!

The thing with Benitez is that he is very driven. He is so determined in his work (reports that he is often up untill 1am - 2am in the morning just studying videos etc. He once stated that he wakes suddenly in the night with an idea or something to add to training, so gets up and starts writing it all down). If Rafa feels that the same level of commitment is not been given by the board, he becomes extremely frustrated and tends to lash out. What he needs to remember however is that the members of the board (the owners) are the ones dipping their hands into their pockets, not him!

Rafa is doing a great job in my opinion and will get the finincial backing from the owners each year however, he really needs to tone down these rants at the bosses, otherwise he will find himself out of a job which would be stupid as he clearly loves it at Liverpool!

Indeed!

The thing with Benitez is that he is very driven. He is so determined in his work (reports that he is often up untill 1am - 2am in the morning just studying videos etc. He once stated that he wakes suddenly in the night with an idea or something to add to training, so gets up and starts writing it all down). If Rafa feels that the same level of commitment is not been given by the board, he becomes extremely frustrated and tends to lash out. What he needs to remember however is that the members of the board (the owners) are the ones dipping their hands into their pockets, not him!

Rafa is doing a great job in my opinion and will get the finincial backing from the owners each year however, he really needs to tone down these rants at the bosses, otherwise he will find himself out of a job which would be stupid as he clearly loves it at Liverpool!

I'd say that pretty well sums it up - Rafa is probably regretting his outburst, and is a worried man, as well he should be - it is not the Liverpool way to spout off in public. Let's hope they patch things up

I'm a Liverpool fan and I completely support Rafa in this. He's speaking out because he cares about the club and doesn't feel he's getting the support he deserves from the owners. If Rafa ends up leaving because of two Americans who know absolutely nothing about "soccer", I'll be furious.

I've got a ticket in the Kop for the Porto match tomorrow night and I'll be taking my singing voice along. I'll be singing myself hoarse in support of Rafa. The fans are behind Rafa in this. Even if we don't win tomorrow, Rafa should still stay, although I'm worried that the owners would use that as the excuse to get rid of him. If Rafa does go then I'm not going to Anfield again this season.

Ra-Ra-Ra Rafa Benitez

Ra-Ra-Ra Rafa Benitez

Xabi Alonso, Pepe Reina and Torres

Raaaaaaafaaaaaaaa Benitez

Raaaaaaafaaaaaaaa Benitez

Ra-Ra-Ra Rafa Benitez

I disagree - this week has been a lesson to managers that you insult team owners at your peril - Gillett and Hicks are doing as much as Rafa for Liverpool by spending on players like Torres and Babel, and by investing heavily in the new stadium - Rafa may have his views, but he should keep them to himself and speak directly to the board rather than the press - when Arsenal told Wenger 4 years ago that thay were building a new stadium and there would be no big money signings, he accepted the situation and got on with developing a new team on a comparative shoestring. Rafa take note.

I disagree - this week has been a lesson to managers that you insult team owners at your peril - Gillett and Hicks are doing as much as Rafa for Liverpool by spending on players like Torres and Babel, and by investing heavily in the new stadium - Rafa may have his views, but he should keep them to himself and speak directly to the board rather than the press - when Arsenal told Wenger 4 years ago that thay were building a new stadium and there would be no big money signings, he accepted the situation and got on with developing a new team on a comparative shoestring. Rafa take note.

The issue here isn't money but competence in running a football club. The reason Rafa is so annoyed (and rightly so) is that he already has one or two transfer targets in mind and has mentioned these to Gillett and Hicks, but they've replied that they won't even discuss transfers until the next time they come to Anfield, which is for the Man Utd game on Dec 16th.

If we're after a player then it's a safe assumption that other clubs are too, so waiting three weeks to start a deal is madness. Gillett and Hicks obviously don't understand that when it comes to transfers, you have to move quickly. Rafa has tried to communicate this to the owners but has been ignored, so he felt he had no choice but to go public.

As I said, I support Rafa in this and so do the rest of Liverpool's fans. There's a Rafa support march planned before the game tonight, of which I will be proud to attend. The reason Anfield has it's famous reputation for atmosphere isn't because of run-of-the-mill Premier League games (which can often be quite flat), but because of special occasions like this. Just like the Truth Day protest against Arsenal in the FA cup 3rd round last year, when we're fired up we can pull off something really special. Watch Anfield tonight. The Kop supports Rafa.

:D

The issue here isn't money but competence in running a football club. The reason Rafa is so annoyed (and rightly so) is that he already has one or two transfer targets in mind and has mentioned these to Gillett and Hicks, but they've replied that they won't even discuss transfers until the next time they come to Anfield, which is for the Man Utd game on Dec 16th.

If we're after a player then it's a safe assumption that other clubs are too, so waiting three weeks to start a deal is madness. Gillett and Hicks obviously don't understand that when it comes to transfers, you have to move quickly. Rafa has tried to communicate this to the owners but has been ignored, so he felt he had no choice but to go public.

As I said, I support Rafa in this and so do the rest of Liverpool's fans. There's a Rafa support march planned before the game tonight, of which I will be proud to attend. The reason Anfield has it's famous reputation for atmosphere isn't because of run-of-the-mill Premier League games (which can often be quite flat), but because of special occasions like this. Just like the Truth Day protest against Arsenal in the FA cup 3rd round last year, when we're fired up we can pull off something really special. Watch Anfield tonight. The Kop supports Rafa.:D

Well said, and let me congratulate you on a ..........................

.........Brilliant post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a brilliant post apart from the bit about going public - why did he need to do that? What is Rick Parry for?

It's a brilliant post apart from the bit about going public - why did he need to do that? What is Rick Parry for?

No-one knows what Rick Parry is for.

How do we know that Rafa hasn't already tried all diplomatic means and felt that going public was the only way to get his point across?

We don't - we can only speculate, as can the press.

A scoucer was on sky sports and they were talking about him and this scoucer was talking absolute ****e "this manager is amazing, he is the best manager liverpool has ever had and they should never sack him"

pillock!