Park and Ride Meadowhall!

Why can't someone somewhere sort the problem of park and ride at Meadowhall station. Theres a space. Ive become to wonder what time the car park fills up, as ive attempted to park at 8.15am with no luck.

And then the parking attendant tells me to move my car after parking it in one of the thousand spaces at Meadowhall shopping centre car park (nr Debenhams)....I mean, theres hundreds of spaces from 8-6pm on weekday..So is that what keeps the parking attendant in a job?

Meadowhall park and ride and meadowhall shopping centre are completley run by two different companies. I don't see why 'a parking attendant' would stop you parking in meadowhall as they would think you was shopping (although at 8.15am I am unsure because it will be completley empty). If you tried illegally parking at meadowhall interchange park & ride then yes, they will make you aware that you cannot park there, such as the verges, paving slabs, disabled bays etc.

The park and ride generally fills up around 7.30am to 8.00am Mon to Fri. Thats the main carpark and the overflow. Saturday/ Sundays is not a problem at all.

The other alternative is to park at nunnery square p+r and get the tram to meadowhall interchange.

Story seems abit weird to me, thats all?

A few years ago i was working in leeds and used to use the park and ride. I got there for 7am and it was filling up then, best advice get there for 7ish!

Meadowhall park and ride and meadowhall shopping centre are completley run by two different companies. I don't see why 'a parking attendant' would stop you parking in meadowhall as they would think you was shopping

Since he's admitted he isn't shopping, the parking attendant is absolutely right to force him to leave. Meadowhall do not provide free parking for anyone who cares to dump their car for a few hours; they provide it for shoppers.

'(although at 8.15am I am unsure because it will be completley empty). '

Why not go and park at the Centertainment( Meadowhall Retail Park) as this also has loads of space.

Story seems abit weird to me, thats all?

The point I was making was that why does the carpark attendant tell me to move when he knows full well that the carpark at Meadowhall will never reach full capacity on a typical weekday (non-holiday)...I accept him asking me to move on a busier day like weekends or school holidays etc....but why kick up a fuss on a weekday.

And yes, I do realise that Park and Ride at Meadowhall station and the shopping centre are two different things. But surely when there are so many available spaces in a neighbouring shopping centre, why should drivers have to go further to Centretainment?..

Getting in and out of Centretainment adds to journey time. Also, I use the train regularly so Centretainment isn't always practical..

I can't see why SYPTE can't reach some sort of agreement with Meadowhall shopping centre to allow some parking. After all, aren't we supposed to be encouraging everyone to become alittle more greener!

So if you have a spare space on your drive, can I come and park on it.

Not going to visit your house, not going to pay any money, but I'll probably have a go at you if someone vandalises it while I'm not there.

Why not go and park at the Centertainment( Meadowhall Retail Park) as this also has loads of space.

...which is only for shoppers, not for people to dump their car in for hours at a time.

Sure, if he wants to get it clamped and/or towed away, this is a great idea.

...which is only for shoppers, not for people to dump their car in for hours at a time.

Sure, if he wants to get it clamped and/or towed away, this is a great idea.

Actually there is a park and ride at centertainment.

Yes there is (although they sometimes restrict the number of spaces during school holidays etc.).

Some people also use the Meadowhall Retail park, but this is only meant for shoppers too. Aldi put a load of notices out the other month asking people to park at the far end of the car park away from the shops or they would have to start charging.

Why not arrive early, dig a really deep pit, park your car in it and hide it under a carpet of leaves? Not only will you be able to park for free, the car park attendants won't even know it's there!