'Weerz Me Mam?' Fred Pass Book

I have read both booths at least three times, and laughed and cried at the same places each time! A sad loss when Fred Pass died.

The cats in the cellar bit - I laughed till I cried.

The cats in the cellar bit - I laughed till I cried.

Yeh, so did I. Brilliant stuff. Definately going to find my books out and read them again now. :hihi:

He killed himself didnt he? So sad :(

Yes he jumped off the top of Bradfield Road Flats it appeared he was suffering from depression poor fellow!.I knew Fred from schooldays at Hillfoot School he was a year older than me,everything he wrote in his books was spot on I knew all the people he mentioned from his time at Hillfoot!.Fred was football mad he loved the Owls, over the years I would hear him phoning in to Radio Sheffield giving his opinions,also he was a fervent letter writer to the Sheffield Star!.I can see him now with his long sideburns and Tony Curtis haircut,teddy boy coat and wearing what we all did at Hillfoot,wellingtons turned right down,boy we looked Bobby dazzlers!.:confused::hihi::hihi:

Edited by old tup
spelling

Yes he jumped of the top of Bradfield Road Flats it appeared he was suffering from depression poor fellow!.I knew Fred from schooldays at Hillfoot School he was a year older than me,everything he wrote in his books was spot on I knew all the people he mentioned from his time at Hillfoot!.Fred was football mad he loved the Owls, over the years I would hear him phoning in to Radio Sheffield giving his opinions,also he was a fervent letter writer to the Sheffield Star!.I can see him now with his long sideburns and Tony Curtis haircut,teddy boy coat and wearing what we all did at Hillfoot,wellingtons turned right down,boy we looked Bobby dazzlers!.:confused::hihi::hihi:

I've always thought Fred's books would make a great British film. I wonder if anybody would be interested in adapting them?

I've always thought Fred's books would make a great British film. I wonder if anybody would be interested in adapting them?

I would think so too :)

look at the Full Monty...based in Sheffield, a global hit :)

I think Sheffield people are very endearing

and people like that

I have a copy of both these books and what a great read they are. Reminds me of the stories by dad used to tell us he got up to when he was younger.

St. Luke's Hospice Charity shops used to sell them new but I don't know whether they still do.