Best Italian Restaurant in Sheffield?

Here's a new one for you, Casanova's at Crookes. Very pleasant environment, much better than average food and swift service. Also Piccolo's on West Street is nice if not a little small.

Marco's at Woodseats is decent

la gondala nr west street - exellent although can be a little quiet through the week and sunday - but still worth a try!!!

I've been told there's a little Italian restaurant near Porter Cottage going towards Hunter's bar. Apparently it has quite a small shop front, always seems very busy and it's opposite a beer off.

Does anyone know any details about this place as me and hubby wouldn't mind giving it a try but the person who's recommended it can't remember the name of the restauraunt

there are 2 italian's in that sort of area - sharrowvale rd

one is 'la terreza' and the other is 'san lorenzo' so it could be either?

not been to either so i dont know what thier like?

I've been told there's a little Italian restaurant near Porter Cottage going towards Hunter's bar. Apparently it has quite a small shop front, always seems very busy and it's opposite a beer off.

Does anyone know any details about this place as me and hubby wouldn't mind giving it a try but the person who's recommended it can't remember the name of the restauraunt

la terraza. half decent place in my opinion. nothing spectacular but never disappointed.

as for the other - san lorenzo - forget it! had a terrible time there a while back. awful food terrible service. always busy tho which baffles me. these people must be happy with their birds eye microwave lasagnes.

I went to Vito's in Walkley last night and it was lovely.

Not as expensive as I'd been led to believe, really nice food cooked very well, very palatable house red and possibly the best tiramisu I've ever had.

Really nice - will be going again!

I'm back home for a week and want to book this,is it licensed or is it BYO.

it's licensed

Another vote for Vitos on South Road - fantastic meat and fish dishes.

One thing - it says 'Pizza and Pasta' on the sign outside, but I couldn't find any mention of pizza on the menu. Do they do pizza or not?

Papa Ciccios up Crosspool...........Their Fillet Dijon is quality:thumbsup:

Yes, I second that. Their pasta is delicious, and because its not licensed you can take your own wine or beer.:thumbsup:

dont go to portofinos its an overpriced joint in a crap location with rude staff. witnessed one evening with the girls

Another vote for Vitos on South Road - fantastic meat and fish dishes.

One thing - it says 'Pizza and Pasta' on the sign outside, but I couldn't find any mention of pizza on the menu. Do they do pizza or not?

I don't remember seeing pizza on the menu, either.

If they don't do it, they certainly should - the pizza style garlic bread was amazing.

I bet if you asked for it, they'd do one, regardless of the menu. Just seems like that kind of place.