Did anyone grow up on the Woodthorpe Estate during 60's/70's

Did anyone grow up on the Woodthorpe Estate during 60's/70's and go to woothorpe junior school, hang about on the bottom shops or the fishponds - go on TenTown etc...etc...

Did anyone grow up on the Woodthorpe Estate during 60's/70's and go to woothorpe junior school, hang about on the bottom shops or the fishponds - go on TenTown etc...etc...

used to go to woodthorpe baths sunday with a lad called billy miller lived on woodthorpe road in the seventies....

i grew up on the woodthorpe on nodder road from 1955 till 1975 then went back on there 1980 to 1986.i lived a few doors away from ten town. hung around shops sometimes and went to woodthorpe school

My cousins lived on Chadwick road the Cutts.

I lived on Hastilar Rd South from the 50's until 1974. My mother (Elsie Burns) was a waitress in Springwood Pub in the 50's.

There were parties in our house every weekend, crates and crates of empty bottles... 3d per bottle if returned with the label stamped...I made a fortune haha ! At night I would go round the back of the pub and bring them back home, then return them again, poor old Grace Goodison!!

Did anyone ever get into trouble for taking rags to the Ragman? I did, my mother was summoned to court for me taking rags to ragman underage.

So many memories, good and bad, but mainly good, I could write a book !!

My husband lived on fish ponds road in the sixties and early seventies

Edited by MARY POPPINS

i lied on woodthorpe cres was always on ten town and down on shops i went to woodthorpe school i left woodthorpe about 1978 great days and some great mates

wish i was young again