Cutlery workers

kevin is my name & polishings still my game?:loopy:

Hiya Kev! hows Denise and your daughter ? she must be in her twenties now.

Im still the head of the Malone clan and Im still in the Polishing game too.

Hiya Kev! hows Denise and your daughter ? she must be in her twenties now.

Im still the head of the Malone clan and Im still in the Polishing game too.

Denise is fine,Sarah's 27 married with a 23 month old little girl.

Sarah worked in the trade as well for a short time now she's a carer for the old. Still trying to work out if your vin or mary?:huh:

Well, thats my dad your talking about kevin and this is me Sarah. Im married with two kids, liam nearly 15 and niamh 2. Am married to irish man, and am company secretary to our own civil engineering firm in leeds. Sean married with two kids, Phoebe 8 and Joe nearly 7. he still funny as ever. see him nearly every day. he works at stokes tiles. My mum here beside me giving me grief as usual!!!! she looks after niamh for me. are u still at deeleys then? i need two canteens of cutlery, top class, for important person visiting the Sheffield IRish Centre. who would i contact at deeley's to sort out.

Well, thats my dad your talking about kevin and this is me Sarah. Im married with two kids, liam nearly 15 and niamh 2. Am married to irish man, and am company secretary to our own civil engineering firm in leeds. Sean married with two kids, Phoebe 8 and Joe nearly 7. he still funny as ever. see him nearly every day. he works at stokes tiles. My mum here beside me giving me grief as usual!!!! she looks after niamh for me. are u still at deeleys then? i need two canteens of cutlery, top class, for important person visiting the Sheffield IRish Centre. who would i contact at deeley's to sort out.

(Andrew robinson) tell him who your mom & dad are and you should get a discount

Hi

I would be really interested in talking to Tony about his memories of working in the cutlery industry. I work for a charity which is hoping to turn sipelia works into a hostel for homeless people. Much of the building now is empty and has been for several years. We want to create a small heritage centre in the building to encourage people to visit. It would be great if Tony would be willling to talk to me and have his phone number passed on.

Hi Flossie,

writing from Germany. May be I can help you in gathering some information about the cutlery industry, specially in the case of Sipelia works.

My grandfather was the J. in B & J Sippels. I visited the building Cadman St. last autumn. It was really interesting to see that our familiy's history is still existing, at least buldingwise.

How should we keep in touch? What kind of information might be of interest for you? When are you going to open this heritage center?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Baton

Flossie,

There are already a number of heritage sites around Sheffield - are you already working for Sheffield Industrial Museums Trust?

In terms of Sipelia then I suggest you contact Kelham Island who have extensive archival holdings, as do the City Archives and City Library. Kelham Island also have excellent displays etc. re the wider social questions you're interested in.

It may be worth contacting local historians, there are quite a few people whose interests and work may help you.

Sounds a really interesting project - good luck with it!

TRW

Hi

This a message for Baton. It was really interesting to get your post. I know some people visited Sipelia Works from Germany last year and was disappointed not to meet them. We have been wondering what happened to J Sipple - did he return to Germany? We know the B was Benno and he died in England in 1946. He has two grandsons, I believe, one living in Sheffield and the other in London. Really we'd just like to learn more about your family history and the history of the factory. Once you have posted a few times you can send personnal messages and I will give you my email address so we can communicate better if you would like. We hope to have a small heritage centre within the factory - which will be mainly a home for former homeless people - alongside a cafe. Anyone that knows the area will know that the factory is on the edge of the canal and could be made to be really pleasant. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Red Wizard - yes there are some interesting heritage sites in Sheffield. Our will just be a small affair I exept and just extend the interest of the area. Hopefully it will focus on human interest rather that lots of knives and forks in cases! I've visited Kelham Island and unfortunatley they have nothing in their archives on Sipelia Works. Will keep forum posted of progress.

Thanks

Flossie

Message for Flossie,

just popped in briefly. Lack of time. Nice to notice your response. Yes, we should stay in touch for further extension of information about the Sippel matter.

So long,

Baton

Hi Baton

good to hear from you. Have you posted enough threads to send me a personal message. If so I will send you my email address so we can communicate better

Bev

A musuem is a fabulous idea especially at this location.:)

The reason why I am making contact: My Boss Eric G. Lancashire actually rented a workshop here from a gentleman he describes as owning a cutlery factory. This would have been around 1974/1975.

Our company was called Bolt and Manufacturing. We eventually expanded to Shepcote way at some point but I am trying to find out if someone can help me determine the date Bolt and Nut "left the building" as it were.:huh:

Hello Flossie

I read with great interest your thread asking for information about B & J Sippel Ltd.

I worked there myself and also my husband and have personal information and newspaper cutting etc which you may wish to view.

I hope that you are still viewing this thread as I see it was started in 2004. I will be happy to pass on all my recollections if you wish.

Best wishes

Sippel