Old Manor Estate Residents

Good morning Coral,

Thanks for the post. I`m already into the google earth bit and I found you through white pages as I have a sister in law lives in Dromana, nephews that live in Tyabb, Foster,and another nephew that lives in Burrill Lakes, and a niece that lives in Casin NSW.

What`s this Yahoo Account it`s the first I`ve heard of it

Best regards

DKxxx

Hi Dorothy

Yahoo is a mail server I think if you went to google and looked there you will find it. My son started an account for Don my husband and he talks to his sister in Sherringham every week. They have a sort of microphone and it is just like talking on the phone with no extra cost. I will send an email headed Dorothy testing, if you receive it just hit reply and we will see if that works. Is the sister in law in Dromana your brother Bernard's wife. ( i think your brother was Bernard, is that right)

Hope to here from you soon

Love Coral

PS I am Mrs Thacker from Mooroolbark

Hi Dorothy

Yahoo is a mail server I think if you went to google and looked there you will find it. My son started an account for Don my husband and he talks to his sister in Sherringham every week. They have a sort of microphone and it is just like talking on the phone with no extra cost. I will send an email headed Dorothy testing, if you receive it just hit reply and we will see if that works. Is the sister in law in Dromana your brother Bernard's wife. ( i think your brother was Bernard, is that right)

Hope to here from you soon

Love Coral

PS I am Mrs Thacker from Mooroolbark

Hi Coral,

I`m already on Bt Yahoo my mind must have been else where.I have tried P.Ms on the forum,e-mails, and even tried phoning you last Sunday,as I`ve said before I`m at a loss what to try next, there`s only Snail

mail as they say.

Actually the sister in law is Stan`s sister in law. My brothers name is Norman not Bernard, and he`s still in Sheffield and lives at Wadsley Bridge.

Looking forward to your post.

Love Dorothy

Yes just checked myself it's not there. Either I confused it with Waltheof Road or it's been removed. The demolition pictures were not on when I first looked, so they could have changed the site. You probably will have to pop in to Local Studies in the Central Lib. I know for a start that there are at least 4 ariel pictures of the Manor in 1930 that are not on the site now. One has the the roads around Standhouse.

Could scan that one and send it by e-mail?

Would love a photo of Woodthorpe Close and Standhouxse school. I lived 181 Queen Mary rd until my marriage in 1957(right opposite Woodthorpe)and used to sled down Woodthorpe Close in the winter. I also attended Standhouse School. I am writing a family history book for my grandchildren and collecting as many photos as I can.

Wiltshire more years than I care to remember.I am also in touch with DK lovely to catch up. Download

Hello Download,

Apparently you are Ennis (Newton) Sorry I missed your post but I didn't recognise you. I have only recently joined Sheffield Forum and not yet used to it. We now live in Melbourne Australia and have four children, seven grandchildren and three gt grnadchildren and another one on the way. It is great to catch up with old friends. Is Pauline Ebberall on this site too?

Love to hear from you soon. My email address is coral@xlr8ed.net

hi sarah.

i lived at 2 woodthorpe close 1935 to 1960, Roy sellars,

Hello Roy

I lived at 181 Queen Mary Rd opposite the bottom of Woodthorpe close (Coral Savage)

Hello Download,

Apparently you are Ennis (Newton) Sorry I missed your post but I didn't recognise you. I have only recently joined Sheffield Forum and not yet used to it. We now live in Melbourne Australia and have four children, seven grandchildren and three gt grnadchildren and another one on the way. It is great to catch up with old friends. Is Pauline Ebberall on this site too?

Love to hear from you soon. My email address is coral@xlr8ed.net

Hi Coral

Thanks for your reply.All this new fangled technology.Its lovely to hear from you.Pauline Ebborall lived next door but one to me,when I moved to Cary Rd.

I suppose the only way we are able to know where people are is if we happen to come across this forum,and for that we need a computer.I left Sheffield in 1957 and moved to Wiltshire and lived with my brother Trevor and his wife until I married in 1960.Still living here in Westbury,famous for its White Horse.Had 3 sons,and now have 2 grandsons.Let me know if you receive this and we will find a better way of communicating.

Look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes Ennis

Hi Coral

Thanks for your reply.All this new fangled technology.Its lovely to hear from you.Pauline Ebborall lived next door but one to me,when I moved to Cary Rd.

I suppose the only way we are able to know where people are is if we happen to come across this forum,and for that we need a computer.I left Sheffield in 1957 and moved to Wiltshire and lived with my brother Trevor and his wife until I married in 1960.Still living here in Westbury,famous for its White Horse.Had 3 sons,and now have 2 grandsons.Let me know if you receive this and we will find a better way of communicating.

Look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes Ennis

Hello Ennis

good to hear from you. I now live in Melbourne Australia, we came here in 1965. Never been back to England but I hear that things have changed a lot since then. My husband is in touch with his sister in Norfolk and talks to her almost every Sunday night. They have a programme Yahoo and they both have a mike and are able to chat as though they were on the phone. Dorothy King found me on the Forum and we had a chat the other night, they use Google talk and that works the same way. My private email address is coral@xlr8ed.net. We have four children, seven grandchildren and three gt grandchildren with another one on the way. I use the computer a lot as I do lots of family history.. Again really good to be in touch agin

Love Coral

i lved at 29 darsey close when my dad came out of the army and my patrner lived on the next road up called paulette road we didn't know each other then but met in 1986 small world innit.

I was born at 124 The Circle in 1956 it was my grandma & Granpas house there name was Hudson on one side lived the Smedley's and on the other lived the Parkers

I was born at 124 The Circle in 1956 it was my grandma & Granpas house there name was Hudson on one side lived the Smedley's and on the other lived the Parkers

Hi my name is Chris Hall, born 1947, I lived 2 doors away from the Hudsons at 63 Stonecliffe Rd., next door to the Parkers, used to play with Leslie Hudson. I remember his brother and sisters Frankie, Jean, Barbara and I think Patricia? and their dog Rex! Used to play with the Smedleys in their back garden, great stuff as they were allowed to have a bonfire!

Happy days

Hi Chris, my mum is Jean, Barbara sadly no longer with us, Frank and Les (no Patricia). Rex used to guard me in my pram!

Hi Chris, my mum is Jean, Barbara sadly no longer with us, Frank and Les (no Patricia). Rex used to guard me in my pram!

Hi Kathryn. Sad to hear about Barbara, I remember her as a clippie being involved in an accident on her bus on Granville Rd., I was there and managed to get my picture on the front page of the Star! Do I understand correctly that Les and Frank are still with us? I recall now Patricia Barker was next door to us on Stonecliffe Rd.