Old Manor Estate Residents

I lived next door at number 11.. :D..

Hi sarah did you know or hang around with someone called angela dixon?

Hi sarah did you know or hang around with someone called angela dixon?

Hi Mark..

No I didn't, but the name rings a bell..

If the 1971 in your username is your DOB, you'll probably know my Brother, Andrew Thompson ?? And maybe my sister Helen ??

Did You Live On The Manor Round About 60s....to 80.s. I Lived On A Road Called /woodthorpe Close No { 9 }

Its Not There Any More Is Now A Park Shame If You Have Any Old Photos From That Time Post Them ..

my mum used to live on qeen mary ..the .lukaseskis

and my dads family lived on the the second right after prince edward school ?going down prince a large family his mother ..ida .her kids...melvyn ..terry..graham...keenan....pauline...vicky...ect

did you know any of them ?

Can You Remember ..any old names ....from that time

i knew all of the dells from riddings close i think it was,saw vicky at ingoldmels market a few years ago with her husband mick, which one of the dell's is your dad?

I had family on the Manor - Perkins on Harborough Ave and Redfearns on Alison Cresc. Anyone know them?

hi

i lived on manor estate from 64 to around 86 and lived on alison crescent but cannot remember the redfearns. do you remember any other names from that time?

Did You Live On The Manor Round About 60s....to 80.s. I Lived On A Road Called /woodthorpe Close No { 9 }

Its Not There Any More Is Now A Park Shame If You Have Any Old Photos From That Time Post Them ..

my mum used to live on qeen mary ..the .lukaseskis

and my dads family lived on the the second right after prince edward school ?going down prince a large family his mother ..ida .her kids...melvyn ..terry..graham...keenan....pauline...vicky...ect

did you know any of them ?

Can You Remember ..any old names ....from that time

The local studies lib in the Central has lots of pictures. Or you can go on line to Picture Sheffield where you can copy some off or buy copies. I recently visited the site and saw one of Woodthorpe Close.

i knew all of the dells from riddings close i think it was,saw vicky at ingoldmels market a few years ago with her husband mick, which one of the dell's is your dad?

I knew the Hardings that lived on Riddings Close, I knocked around with Mac Harding In the sixties he now lives in Chapel St Leonards.

It was his brother Pete who lost his life in the floods in the Wicker area. I lived at No 123 Harborough Ave.

I knew the Hardings that lived on Riddings Close, I knocked around with Mac Harding In the sixties he now lives in Chapel St Leonards.

It was his brother Pete who lost his life in the floods in the Wicker area. I lived at No 123 Harborough Ave.

I worked with Mac Harding in the mill at Woodheads.

My grandparents lived on Alison Cresent for years George & Vina Green (had kids Margeret,Paul n Jeany )Then they moved up Prince of wales road when houses got knocked down.....

i lived on alison cresent some years ago before they knocked them down i can remember a family called the bookers and i remember a family who lived close by to them i cant remember their name but there were 5 girls i think one was called janet they went to pipworth junior school can anybody remember them :huh:

The local studies lib in the Central has lots of pictures. Or you can go on line to Picture Sheffield where you can copy some off or buy copies. I recently visited the site and saw one of Woodthorpe Close.

Where on Picture Sheffield is this picture of Woodthorpe Close ??

I've had a good look and I can't find it... :(

Plenty of the Manor, but not Woodthorpe Close.. :(

hi

i lived on manor estate from 64 to around 86 and lived on alison crescent but cannot remember the redfearns. do you remember any other names from that time?

There were also some Perkins on Queen Mary Road and the Hollands next door to the Perkins on Harborough Ave??

Where on Picture Sheffield is this picture of Woodthorpe Close ??

I've had a good look and I can't find it... :(

Plenty of the Manor, but not Woodthorpe Close.. :(

Yes just checked myself it's not there. Either I confused it with Waltheof Road or it's been removed. The demolition pictures were not on when I first looked, so they could have changed the site. You probably will have to pop in to Local Studies in the Central Lib. I know for a start that there are at least 4 ariel pictures of the Manor in 1930 that are not on the site now. One has the the roads around Standhouse.

Could scan that one and send it by e-mail?