Old Manor Estate Residents

Remember the Malones, Graysons, Pheonix, Elbrett, Cardwell.

Quote:Originally Posted by evodude

i lived on alison cresent some years ago before they knocked them down i can remember a family called the bookers and i remember a family who lived close by to them i cant remember their name but there were 5 girls i think one was called janet they went to pipworth junior school ca anybody remember them

I was born on manor in 1953 and I had 4 sisters one called Janet we lived at 39 narlowe close till 1965 surname Hayes

I wonder if evodude is referring to my family. The Eyre family at 112 alison Cres were good friends of the bookers. We were 5 sisters, Janet was the second to eldest. i am the youngest Carol.

Harold and Albert Avery anyone?

Harold and Albert Avery anyone?

yes ,Harold lived on fitzhubert , but both sadly gone

yes ,Harold lived on fitzhubert , but both sadly gone

I'm sorry to hear that Ivy, any idea how long ago.

I remember Harold and wife splitting, Sue i think her name was, he took that pretty badly

I'm sorry to hear that Ivy, any idea how long ago.

I remember Harold and wife splitting, Sue i think her name was, he took that pretty badly

Harold was my step dad. He died in 2001.

Albert died in 2013.

I lived on Beaumont Rd North from the early 70s to the early 80s i went to Pipworth Road infants and juniors, Best Friends back then were Deke Green, Carl Dean, Keighley Barlow and Darren Wilson, other people i hanged around with were Paul Day Billy Wood and Colin Pickering.

Edited by anthon bates

i lived on the manor from being born in 1944 until 1955,my name Ken Gray,but iwas brought up by my grandparents,their name was,George and Edith Jenkinson.they had 3 sons Reg,ken and Henry and a daughter Rita.

Anybody know Kenny Fenton?

He and another lad did me a big favour in 1962 and I never thanked him (!)

Recently thanked the other lad who I hadn't seen since 1963 and it turned out we had a lot in common.

I'm still trying to trace an old mate, Queen Mary Rd area, 1970s. Steven Hammond. We went to school together. Tried on here a couple of years ago but no luck. Anyone remember him?.

Yes I remember Stephen. He lived around the corner from Woodthorpe close on Queen Mary Road. He had an older sister called Lynn and I believe a younger sister but I can't remember her name. They were a really nice family.I am sorry I don't know where Stephen lives now but the last time I saw Lynn I think she was living in gleadless area.

Yes I remember Stephen. He lived around the corner from Woodthorpe close on Queen Mary Road. He had an older sister called Lynn and I believe a younger sister but I can't remember her name. They were a really nice family.I am sorry I don't know where Stephen lives now but the last time I saw Lynn I think she was living in gleadless area.

Thanks for that. He seems to have disappeared!. Let me know if you hear any more.