Old Manor Estate Residents

I'm bringing this thread back up in the hopes that someone can help..

On my facebook group for the Manor, we are trying to remember a little church that was on Prince of Wales Road, opposite St Teresa's church..

Some of the members of the group used to go to sunday school there in the 70's/80's, but can't for the life of them remember the name of the place..

They can remember Sister Ruth used to run the sunday school..

Please please please get your thinking caps on folks and let us know if you remember the name..

Manor Group On Facebook

Thanks xx :)

PS, It's not St Andrews.. It was further up than St Andrews..:)

I'm bringing this thread back up in the hopes that someone can help..

On my facebook group for the Manor, we are trying to remember a little church that was on Prince of Wales Road, opposite St Teresa's church..

Some of the members of the group used to go to sunday school there in the 70's/80's, but can't for the life of them remember the name of the place..

They can remember Sister Ruth used to run the sunday school..

Please please please get your thinking caps on folks and let us know if you remember the name..

Manor Group On Facebook

Thanks xx :)

PS, It's not St Andrews.. It was further up than St Andrews..:)

If i remember correctly it was called=The manor baptist chapel=hope this helps you.:wave:

If i remember correctly it was called=The manor baptist chapel=hope this helps you.:wave:

This is what I suggested too, and so do all the old maps I've looked at, but they say it wasn't called that - yet they still can't remember..:confused:

This is what I suggested too, and so do all the old maps I've looked at, but they say it wasn't called that - yet they still can't remember..:confused:

If you can get your hands on a copy of an old Kellys street Directory that will tell you its proper name.:)

Hi guys,

Whilst living on the Manor estate did any of you see any ghosts?

especially near the manor lodge or manor castle public house?

or do any of you have the contact details of the former landlord Jack Wright?

I am trying to do some research for an article on hauntings in the area.

Dear Sarah,

I hope i have managed to find out the Name of the Church/Chapel you are looking for and if you follow the link also there is a photo of it too.

The Name - Manor Baptist Church, Prince of Wales Road ( Just behind the bus stop )

The Link - http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoom&keywords=Ref_No_increment;MATCHES;(^| +)v02451($| +)&continueUrl=ZnJvbnRlbmQucGhwPyZrZXl3b3Jkcz1hbGwlM0JNQVRDSEVTJTNCJTI4JTVFJTdDKyUyQiUyOUJhcHRpc3RfQ2h1cmNoZXMlMjglMjQlN0MrJTJCJTI5JmFjdGlvbj1zZWFyY2gmcGFnZT0z

I hope this helps!

Sincerely

Jamesh2o

Dear Sarah,

I hope i have managed to find out the Name of the Church/Chapel you are looking for and if you follow the link also there is a photo of it too.

The Name - Manor Baptist Church, Prince of Wales Road ( Just behind the bus stop )

The Link - http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoom&keywords=Ref_No_increment;MATCHES;(^| +)v02451($| +)&continueUrl=ZnJvbnRlbmQucGhwPyZrZXl3b3Jkcz1hbGwlM0JNQVRDSEVTJTNCJTI4JTVFJTdDKyUyQiUyOUJhcHRpc3RfQ2h1cmNoZXMlMjglMjQlN0MrJTJCJTI5JmFjdGlvbj1zZWFyY2gmcGFnZT0z

I hope this helps!

Sincerely

Jamesh2o

Hi James..

I can't get your link to work..

I've done a search on picture Sheffield for Manor Baptist church and it only shows people in front of the church doors so you can't actually see the building itself..

Thanks anyway xx :)

Was there a Ravencar Road on the old estates or a name simlar? Or does anyone remember the Addy family?

i know someone with that surname but not sure if they lived there

It was before the houses were knocked down Pat or if they were not divorced Clive?

Was there a Ravencar Road on the old estates or a name simlar? Or does anyone remember the Addy family?

yes there was a road named ravencar and i know the addy family :love: