Old Manor Estate Residents

Thanks OddJobs.... don't recall any of those names.... we lived in Queen Mary between Payler Close and Queen Mary Crescent. Across the road lived Georgie Doors who won a lot of money on the Pools! Any news on him? I think Barry Freeman went to NZ to live?? Keith Chapman lived in Waltheof.... worked for Avery's the scale people! Our neighbours were the Draycotts on one side and the Whites on the other! Graham Draycott had a BSA (500 I think)... big banger!

Barry Freeman of Queen Mary Rd, did go to NZ with his wife Linda and is still there alive and kicking, he's my husbands cousin, saw him a couple of months ago when they came for a visit, unfortunately his mum and dad Len and Rose are now both no longer with us.

i lived on fitzhubert road till i got married i later got a house on cary road ,my sister and her family still lived at the house on fitzhubert which was my mothers house till they pulled it down they moved straight across the road into the new houses and watched there home of over fifty years being pulled down

did they know the spriggs family . And what ever happened to

charlie spriggs, roy.

Barry Freeman of Queen Mary Rd, did go to NZ with his wife Linda and is still there alive and kicking, he's my husbands cousin, saw him a couple of months ago when they came for a visit, unfortunately his mum and dad Len and Rose are now both no longer with us.

Thanks Winks!!.... amazing what turns up!... next time you contact Barry you might say that David Price was enquiring as to his whereabouts.... I have been in Australia for 41 years now. Cheers!!

I was born and lived at 181 Queen Mary Road until my marriage in 1957. Now live in Melbourne Australia. 181 was opposite Woodthorpe Close and I remember using a sled that my Dad made to come down Woodthorpe Close. I remember on one side our neighbours were called Cassey and on the other Taylor. I used to go to City Rd Cemetery with my friend Pauline Ebberall and we would take a flower from a grave that had lots on them and share among the graves that had no flowers. Got locked in there one night during daylight saving and had to squeeze through a tiny gap at the side of the back fence. Guess what? I now do a lot of family history and have found the graves of some of my family who were buried there. All this from Australia. I wish I could wander round that cemetery now and see the graves for myself

Coral Melbourne Australia

my dads family lived on Hastilier road my grandad was called Tommy Ismay my nan was Edna (both no longer here) then theres Thomas Michael (Mick) Patrick, Joe, John Peter (sadly both no longer here) Patricia Nora Anne and Marie (Also passed away) Mick is my father.

I was born and lived at 181 Queen Mary Road until my marriage in 1957. Now live in Melbourne Australia. 181 was opposite Woodthorpe Close and I remember using a sled that my Dad made to come down Woodthorpe Close. I remember on one side our neighbours were called Cassey and on the other Taylor. I used to go to City Rd Cemetery with my friend Pauline Ebberall and we would take a flower from a grave that had lots on them and share among the graves that had no flowers. Got locked in there one night during daylight saving and had to squeeze through a tiny gap at the side of the back fence. Guess what? I now do a lot of family history and have found the graves of some of my family who were buried there. All this from Australia. I wish I could wander round that cemetery now and see the graves for myself

Coral Melbourne Australia

Hi Coralt,

My wife wants to know if you have two sisters, Vera and Elsie, If you have, apparently you were a friend of my wife`s in your school days. Will PM you with further details.

Sapper 211

Hi Sapper 211

Yes that is certainly myself. Now I am puzzled to know who your wife is

coralt

Hi Sapper 211

coralt

Hi Coralt,

Gad to hear you are OK and D.K are her initials and has a sister called Mavis, lived on Queen Mary Crescent. I have sent you a private message.

:) Sapper 211

Hello Coral Savage,

I can say that on here as this is a private message.

My E-Mail address is stan40@ btopenworld.com , it`s easier to send e-mails than sending posts on the forum.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Stan For Dorothy King( that was)

Hi Sapper 211

coralt

Just picked up this thread Coralt.I lived at 136 Queen Mary Rd I had 3 brothers Trevor Keith and Cyril.Later moved to Cary Rd.I have lived in

Just picked up this thread Coralt.I lived at 136 Queen Mary Rd I had 3 brothers Trevor Keith and Cyril.Later moved to Cary Rd.I have lived in

Wiltshire more years than I care to remember.I am also in touch with DK lovely to catch up. Download