Old Manor Estate Residents

I live in the Middle East now but have fond memories of my childhood on the Manor. We lived at 18 Desmond Crescent just off Beaumont Road and were called the Fletcher..Stephen, Paul, Andrew, Mark, Martyn and Donna..My mum and Dad were John and Vera who have both now sadley passed on

Hi sarah,i lived next door up from you.I lived with my grandparents mr and mrs hall,allthough to me they were mum and dad.tell helen i said hi.

Hi there.. :)

I'll say "hi" to Helen from you, will you say "hi" to Scott from me ?

I've not seen anyone from Woodthorpe Close for years now..:(

hi sarah.

i lived at 2 woodthorpe close 1935 to 1960, Roy sellars,

Hi Roy xx I lived on Woodthorpe close a little later than you..

I lived on there from 1976 (when I was born) up until around 89ish..:)

Flethp, Did u live next door to a family called the Hardys, if so I lived opposite you on Desmond Cres. I seem to remember Steven having ginger hair. If u r the family I think, we certainly did have some happy times, we were one big gang back then, no money but we did not let that spoil our fun.

Did You Live On The Manor Round About 60s....to 80.s. I Lived On A Road Called /woodthorpe Close No { 9 }

Its Not There Any More Is Now A Park Shame If You Have Any Old Photos From That Time Post Them ..

my mum used to live on qeen mary ..the .lukaseskis

and my dads family lived on the the second right after prince edward school ?going down prince a large family his mother ..ida .her kids...melvyn ..terry..graham...keenan....pauline...vicky...ect

did you know any of them ?

Can You Remember ..any old names ....from that time

Look on my older thread in this section :Did you live on the Manor Estate 45 years ago? It was posted on 14.12.2005. You may see many names that you recognise. :thumbsup:

Flethp, Did u live next door to a family called the Hardys, if so I lived opposite you on Desmond Cres. I seem to remember Steven having ginger hair. If u r the family I think, we certainly did have some happy times, we were one big gang back then, no money but we did not let that spoil our fun.

Yep, thats us. The hardys were next door, then the Beckitts, then Gary Metcalf.(Mr 3.0 litre Capri). Across from us were the Midgleys, going further down were the Wilkinsons ( Marie I always thought was gorgeus, but she was too old for me at the time and she had an older brother called Pete). I'm trying to think who you can be if you were opposite?

I have lived on the manor all my life.. lived on Stonecliffe road till 2001 .. they demolished the old boot houses, which was a shame because the neighbours on that st were great!

Maybe some of you may know the families that lived on there.. The Dysons, Pikes, Hinds, Triggs,Parkinsons( they acually lived on Stonecliffe Close) ,and the Chapells, we lived at the bottom opposite the motehall pub.

Even though the manor has a bad reputation,as a kid playin on the fields, and surrounding streets not once did i feel threatened at all, the 70's early 80's was a great time on the manor,everyone knew everyone.

I can remember walking down motehall rd ,stonecliffe rd and other sts near there and knowing all who lived in the houses , both sides, and at that time us young people had respect for the older ones that lived around us too, always called em, mr and mrs never by their first names.

Loved goin to the motehall pub off sales too buyin crisps and the little snack packs of a cheese biscuit, onion,cheese triangle and lil wooden spoon!

The shops on Prince were good too, how many do you remember? i remember fine fare, liptons, co op, 2 butchers, roys fruit n veg shop, 2 chippys, smedleys and wilkinsons, bookies, 2 newsagents and a laundrette.

blimey mekin me feel reight old this haha

Fletchp I was one of the Midgleys, the youngest, Marie Williamson was my best friend, we were friends from when they first moved into the street until we both got married and moved away. My mum was friends with Marie's mum. I remember your mum, she was a lovely friendly woman. Ahh happy days.

Now I know you Winks, sorry for all the old banger our steve and Drew used to park outside our house. it must have been like a dealers yard at times..Mind you I was just as bad as I cut down the privit hedge on our front garden to store an old MGB softop I was restoring..You wouldnt happen to have any photos of the street at that time would you..

I lived at 197 queen mary road until 1968. Whatever happened to Keith Chapman from Waltheof Road and Brain Hayes, Barry Freeman from queen mary road and the Rileys and O'connors from payler Close??

Strange reading this thread, I didn.t live around there but knew a lot of people from around that neck of the woods, but in the last month Ive seen Alan Mckenna, Jeff Middleton and Sue Pike, and more recently some one asked me if I'd seen anything of Terry Hoole.

My parents went to live on Waltheof Rd in 1925 when i was 12 months old and my Mother was there until moving into a flat after my Dad passed away in 1985.my first school was the old wooden huts on Queen Mary Rd and i remember the farm being there before Standhouse school was built

Was john munro the punk rocker who's brother is called alan?

I was mates with Alan when he lived on Norfolk Park in the 90s, I met John a few times, he was a nice bloke. Not seen Alan for a few years now. Didn't know they were off the Manor, even though I lived on Hastilar Road, across from the rec and the back of the Manor pub. This was '85/'86 when I was 9-10. I went to Pipworth and was in Mr Stubb's class, he sadly passed away as a result of a brain tumour. :(