Bonfire Night 2007. I'm dreading it - what are your thoughts?

Just had to my annual fireworks training sign off at work and wondered if it was just me that's dreading it.

I hate it with a passion and am of the opinion that they should be banned except for organised displays.

They're already going off round here.

I hate it, as the kids around here seem to think its funny to throw bangers down my drive and scare my dog to death, he's 10yr old and it frightens him, if i got hold of them i know where id shove a banger :rant:

Yeah love it! We all have a good night. But I expect it will be banned one year, like everything else at the moment!

I love it, I'm going to buy the biggest rocket I can find. And set it off safely in a field.

Love it, i can burn all my household throw outs without the neighbours calling fire service again :hihi:

Last time i burned a few of the kids toys and clothing the neighbour called 999 and told them i had set fire to a car on my back yard ????

I live on a semi-detached house with no drive and 2.5ft wide path :loopy:, Even the fireman shook his head and said someone will be getting a fine for it :hihi:

I adore blowing things up and burning stuff. Bring it on!

I also love my drainpipe bazooka :D

love it love it love it!!!!!

i love the roasted chesnuts, jackets spuds and hot dogs! :love:

the pretty fire works and the sparklers and the looks on my little ones face is just adorable :D

Use to love it when i was a kid but then it was just one day, today we have to endure weeks of it.

Peoples pets have to suffer too.

As with the others: I don't object to Bonfire Night. I just object to four solid weeks of not feeling safe to go out in the evenings, because of lunatics setting off rockets and bangers in random directions without checking to see who they'll hit.

Its the same old story, the morons spoil it for everyone else.

Indeed, however 2 years ago I sent a rather angry fax via faxyourmp.com to Helen Jackson regarding fireworks here in my part-time native Stannington, I wouldn't normally have got into such a strop about it but this particular night I was trying to watch a film on the telly but all I could hear, even when I turned the sound up, was the loud BANG BANG BANG of fireworks! So in the end I thought sod this I'm going to do something about it, and did, wrote to my MP!

You were expecting her to do what?

She was the one outside his house setting them off :hihi: