Cocoa - The most gorgeous chocolate shop ever!!

I just want to recommend 'Cocoa' a chocolate shop on Ecclesall Road (opposite pizza hut, just above Yankees restaurant.)

It was my friend's hen day yesterday and as part of it we had a tasting session in Cocoa and it was absolutely amazing!

The shop itself is so beautifully decorated-it is just what you would dream a chocolate shop to be like, think 'boudoir' and 'shabby chic' and that will kind of give you a picture but i can't reallydo it justice.

The tasting session was amazing, the chocolate utterly divine and the girls who own and run the shop are so lovely!!

I would recommend it to anyone who loves chocolate...it was an absolutely brilliant part of our day.

They also told me they are going to start up events in there such as a book club, I know a few of us are thinking of going. Eating chocolate and reading books in a beautiful setting sounds just fab to us!!

PS-ask for a cup of their hot chocolat milk and you won't believe what you are drinking-out of this world!

ALSO >>

My wife "KINDLY" :rant: informs me that THE BEST chocolate experience is at >>

Slatteries in Manchester ! :hihi:

They even do courses for CHOCOHOLICS !! :hihi::love::hihi::love::hihi:

WOW when can I GO !!!

http://www.slattery.co.uk

My wifes Husband !!

Cocoa is fab!!! I call in whenever I have an excuse, and also when I don't. Haven't tried the hot choc though. Good excuse to go back!

Sounds good! I do like REAL chocolate myself, but I do take care not to overdo it!

I just want to recommend 'Cocoa' a chocolate shop on Ecclesall Road (opposite pizza hut, just above Yankees restaurant.)

It was my friend's hen day yesterday and as part of it we had a tasting session in Cocoa and it was absolutely amazing!

The shop itself is so beautifully decorated-it is just what you would dream a chocolate shop to be like, think 'boudoir' and 'shabby chic' and that will kind of give you a picture but i can't reallydo it justice.

The tasting session was amazing, the chocolate utterly divine and the girls who own and run the shop are so lovely!!

I would recommend it to anyone who loves chocolate...it was an absolutely brilliant part of our day.

They also told me they are going to start up events in there such as a book club, I know a few of us are thinking of going. Eating chocolate and reading books in a beautiful setting sounds just fab to us!!

PS-ask for a cup of their hot chocolat milk and you won't believe what you are drinking-out of this world!

Thank you so much for recommending us, your words were very touching! It was a pleasure to have all you lovely hens clucking in the lounge and hope you come again. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your night and had lots of giggles at the comedy club!

Would be fab to see you all again!

Love Annie & Kate x xx

Sweetdreama - I believe they're £5 a head but better to give the Cocoa-girls a call to check that.

I went in today - it is a truly delicious shop (& that's before starting on the fab chocolate!). The decor is sumptuous, it feels like visiting a cross between a fairytale sweet shop & climbing into a rather exotic chocolate box (literally!) It's a feast for the eyes with all the interesting chocolate related paraphernalia dotted around the place. I loved all the old fashioned sweet jars lined up behind the counter.

Kate & Annie were very welcoming, despite the fact I didn't get there until 5.20 & they normally close at 5.30. They were also really helpful with recommendations and suggestions. It's really obvious that they love what they do - it's just like walking into 'Chocolat' by Joanne Harris, complete with the personalised service.

The tearoom at the back is a great idea - I have a feeling I may well be visiting again soon. The different teas (& coffees) they have there look very appealing - apparently they're going to start a book group shortly. I may be forced to join...

Kate also mentioned about the Mad Hatters tea parties they're starting for children as well the The Boudoir for relaxing & enjoying chocolate which is coming soon apparently.

Thanks to Carolineww for spreading the word - this shop is a real find (very handy being placed nearly opposite Tescos on Ecclesall Road, heading away from rather than towards town. If you're facing Yankees it's a few shops down on the left) it is every bit as great as you said it is!

I had a box for my birthday, they were delicious. The chocolate shop Anise in Broomhill also sell excellent chocs.

What kinds of chocolate do they sell? Any belgian ones?

All sorts; lots of lovely Belgian Chocs in both. The Chrismas gifts in Anise are great.

Hand made ones made locally, various sorts not made locally. I'd be surprised if there was anything chocolate they didn't do to be honest.